• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me or is there a lot of great stuff on Ebay these days

13 posts in this topic

I am wondering if it is from people trying to raise funds for Heritage/Comiclink/ComicConnect auctions. This is one of my favorite right now.

Too Cool

shhh :P I am trying to purchase this book.... don't need any attention :makepoint:

I am wondering if it is from people trying to raise funds for Heritage/Comiclink/ComicConnect auctions. This is one of my favorite right now.

Too Cool

shhh :P I am trying to purchase this book.... don't need any attention :makepoint:

lol I was actually just looking at this one and was thinking about sending you a link via PM.

Too Cool

lol I was actually just looking at this one and was thinking about sending you a link via PM.

been emailing with mike...if no one bids, I can get for discount off price discounting for the potential paypal and ebay fees I will save him...so, if no one really wants more than me, stay away :)

rick

Too Cool

been emailing with mike...if no one bids, I can get for discount off price discounting for the potential paypal and ebay fees I will save him...so, if no one really wants more than me, stay away :)

rick

Good luck, Rick! I hope you get it (thumbs u

Too Cool

rick

Thought you were broke? Mr. $3500 Centaur, and Mr. KC Marvel 1. Wish I was that broke :baiting:

Poor Mike,

guy just wants to get the money he paid 8 years ago out of a highest graded key Centaur and cheap-o Rick won't even allow him the dignity of doing that.

:boo::baiting:

:sorry: just figured, if someone bids 3500, the seller is going to net less than 3250 after paypal and ebay fees...I am just trying to save some money, while at the same time, assisting a fellow ebayer :)

Poor Mike,

guy just wants to get the money he paid 8 years ago out of a highest graded key Centaur and cheap-o Rick won't even allow him the dignity of doing that.

:sorry: just figured, if someone bids 3500, the seller is going to net less than 3250 after paypal and ebay fees...I am just trying to save some money, while at the same time, assisting a fellow ebayer :)

Sadly for alot of eBay sellers, they have great books but poor auctioneer skills. If you send this book to CGC for a reholder ( $11 ) so it "looks right" with a modern label, and start the bidding at $1 with a $3500 reserve, you potenitally as a seller fair much better....gives the opportunity for 2 or more bidders to battle back and forth and drive the price up past the reserve without even breaking a sweat. If you want $3500 for a book, you will virtually always do better with a low start price and a reserve VS. a starting price of $3500. With a $1 start bid, you can get 20 or 30 bids fairly early in the auction cycle, and it is perceived as a "hot item". Shame eBay did away with the "flame" icon, which used to show on all auctions that had 30 bids or more a few years ago.

Anyway...good luck Rick. (thumbs u

Steve

Poor Mike,

Sadly for alot of eBay sellers, they have great books but poor auctioneer skills. If you send this book to CGC for a reholder ( $11 ) so it "looks right" with a modern label, and start the bidding at $1 with a $3500 reserve, you potenitally as a seller fair much better....gives the opportunity for 2 or more bidders to battle back and forth and drive the price up past the reserve without even breaking a sweat. If you want $3500 for a book, you will virtually always do better with a low start price and a reserve VS. a starting price of $3500. With a $1 start bid, you can get 20 or 30 bids fairly early in the auction cycle, and it is perceived as a "hot item". Shame eBay did away with the "flame" icon, which used to show on all auctions that had 30 bids or more a few years ago.

Anyway...good luck Rick. (thumbs u

Steve

great points.... keeping my :wishluck: crossed