• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JIM 83

PGM JIM 83  

120 members have voted

1. 1. PGM JIM 83

30 posts in this topic

Nice book Steve! I gave it a 5.0

Thanks, Mike.

That's what I was grading it and I feel it is fair.

I have several CGC 4.5s, and this book is superior to them in every way.

In regard to the coupon, I don't feel that it would affect the grade. We have all seen much higher graded books with the owner's name written on the front cover with no grade deduction... so I really don't see how the owners name and address in a coupon on the back cover is going to reduce a book in the low fine range. (shrug)

I bought this on February 6, 2004 from Metro. I went into the office and looked through their JIM 83s... they had like 6 midgrade copies. I sat with Vinny for a few minutes and he went through them with me. He felt this copy was a possible 5.5, but knocked it down .5 for the coupon. I thought it was a 5.0 but didn't feel a deduction was needed for the coupon. In essence, we both agreed on 5.0.

There were a few copies that were comparable but without the filled in coupon. But the others were not nearly as bright. I picked this one for the bright colors and almost white pages. A purchase I am very happy with. And I sometimes wonder whatever became of Ernie Alvarez from Oakland, California.

4.5...I think that filled in coupon knocks it down a full point...

Sorry MC, No way, no how, does this book grade 4.5 :sumo:

6.0 :grin:

With those large creases along the spine, I can't see how this could be higher than a 5.5 at best, even without writing on one of the covers , which is what a filled in coupon is, after all.... (shrug)

Yes, perhaps . . . on closer inspection, I believe that top staple has been replaced . . . and, it doesn't appear to be vintage hm

Now you made me inspect it again!

Nothing to indicate staple replacement. Both staples are identical and appear vintage. Tight as a drum in the centerfold with no signs of rebending. Typically, if a staple is replaced one would think the original was rusted or badly corroded. No signs of any sort of rust or corrosion transfer to paper to indicate that. The staple holes on the outside do appear slightly enlarged, but that is consistent with the slightly off center placement and reader's crease.

(thumbs u Thanks Zip!