• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Book Spectacular Sunday February 10 Meet Herb Trimpe

10 posts in this topic

Update: We are now maxed-out of Small Press space and CD/Record dealer space. There are approx 3-5 other dealer spaces left.This will be the largest show that we have ever held filling the entire 6th floor convention center with over 130 tables of collectibles and creators.

Boston Comic Book & CD/Record Convention February 10

Boston, MA- Longtime Marvel Comics artist and Wolverine Co-creator Herb Trimpe will be making his only New England appearance at The Boston Comic Book & CD/Record Collectors Convention Sunday February 10th at The Boston Radisson Hotel's 6th floor Convention Center.

Tens of Thousands of New England Comic Book fans have enjoyed previous editions of the popular longtime Boston Comic Book Spectacular which started in 1975 when the hotel was known as Howard Johnson's 57. It is Boston's largest Comic Book Convention and the longest running show of its kind in the same location in the United States! The show features over 12,000 square feet and 130 tables of comic books and their creators, original comic art and toys, plus our media room with thousands of collectible CDs & Records from Rock to Rap and hard to find feature movies both DVD and VHS.

Trimpe was the artist for The Hulk's own book for eight years. He has also worked on Godzilla, G.I. Joe, Tranformers, Defenders, Shogun Warriors and many other Marvel Comics titles.

"We're happy to have a talented artist like Herb Trimpe come to Boston" said show promoter Dave Cummings. "The Wolverine origin issue is the most sought after comic book of the 1970s".

This show will also feature the only Boston appearance of Ted Rall, America's hardest-hitting editorial cartoonist for Universal Press Syndicate and an award-winning commentator who also works as an illustrator, columnist, and radio commentator.

Along with Herb and Ted we have local favorites Hannibal King, Zeke Savory Jr, Andrew LoVuolo, Mike Doherty and The Comic Artists Guild plus over thirty more local artists and writers. Many of New England's finest collectibles dealers will be there with over a million Comic Books and thousands of hard to find CDs and Records. We also run Comic Book Conventions in New York City, Hartford and Portland but Boston is our hometown and will always be our favorite show.

The Boston Comic Book & CD/Record Collectors Spectacular will be held Sunday February 10 at the Boston Radisson Hotel 200 Stuart St in the 6th floor Convention Center.

The Comic & Toy show will be open to the public from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. The media room featuring thousands of collectible CDs, Records and cassettes of Rock, Pop, Blues, Jazz, Rap and much more will open at 9:30.

Admission is just $6 or visit monkeyhouseentertainment.com for a $1 off coupon and updates.

Monkeyhouse Entertainment

Monkeyhouse Entertainment

978-462-2788

Location: Radisson Hotel 200 Stuart St 6th Floor Convention Center

This will be the largest show that we have ever held filling the entire 12,000 square foot 6th floor convention center with over 130 tables of collectibles and creators.

There will be no early bird admission for this show but the Music dealers hall will open a half hour earlier than the 10 o'clock comic show to handle line overflow.

Free surprise for anybody mentioning the CGC boards.

Mr. Trimpe will be doing Q & A's at approx. Noon and 3 O'clock.

Everybody's welcome for a measly five bucks even tweedles and Nik in disguise. I will be checking for Adams Apples at the door. Special gift for board members not in disguise. ;)

It's going to be a super show indicated by the tremendous amount of calls and email from newbies that we have received. The pictures will be up at monkeyhouseentertainment.com for those that can't make it this time.

The next Boston Comic Book Spectacular is April 13.

Good show! I had a good time and a bit of good fortune! It's always nice when you have James Payette, Ted Van Liew and Ron Johnson's stuff (among many others) to look through. My best score was a STRANGE SUSPENSE STORIES #19, coverless, for $4 to complete my collection. I just printed myself out a nice cover from a scan I had and I'm all set! Thanks, Ron J!

Herb Trimpe was nice, and seemed psyched that someone brought MONSTERS ON THE PROWL 17 for him to sign. I've always loved that cover... it turns out he does too.

It was pretty packed there too, so I'd say that comic collecting in Boston is in a pretty strong state right now.

Good show! I had a good time and a bit of good fortune! It's always nice when you have James Payette, Ted Van Liew and Ron Johnson's stuff (among many others) to look through. My best score was a STRANGE SUSPENSE STORIES #19, coverless, for $4 to complete my collection. I just printed myself out a nice cover from a scan I had and I'm all set! Thanks, Ron J!

Herb Trimpe was nice, and seemed psyched that someone brought MONSTERS ON THE PROWL 17 for him to sign. I've always loved that cover... it turns out he does too.

It was pretty packed there too, so I'd say that comic collecting in Boston is in a pretty strong state right now.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the show.