• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comicon Kansas City April 5/6 2008

37 posts in this topic

I will be attending this event and am working with the promoter to bring in 1 other name that hasn't been at any shows in quite some time! :wishluck: I will update here if it comes to fruition...

I will also be accepting Signature Series books for this show! Please PM me with any further questions!

Kansas City's largest pop culture and comic book event

Overland Park International Trade Center

115th & Metcalf -- Overland Park, Kansas

Saturday, April 5, 2008 10 AM to 5 PM

Sunday, April 6, 2008 10 AM to 4 PM

Admission $15 for an adult weekend pass

$6 Ages 7 to 14 for a weekend pass

Under 7 FREE

Come to the show on Saturday and return on Sunday for free!

WATCH THIS SITE FOR UPDATES MEDIA GUESTS

We are pleased to announce that media guests who will attend the show include:

Kenny Baker

Kenny Baker portrayed the popular R2-D2 in ALL SIX of the Star Wars films and is one of the very few actors to appear in all 6 films

Walter Koenig

Mr. Koenig is best known for his role as Pavel Chekov on the original Star Trek television series and in all of the original Star Trek films, as well as his role as Alfred Bester on Babylon 5

Lou Ferrigno

Mr. Ferrigno is best known for his title role as the Incredible Hulk on the 1970s television series and more recently for his recurring role on the King of Queens

Valerie Gale

Ms. Gale has starred in such films as Willow and Legend

Brinke Stevens

Brinke is one of the top "Scream Queens" in the film industry & has probably the longest resume of any guest to appear at Planet Comicon. She has literally appeared in more than 100 films

Brinke Stevens filmography!

Tiffany Taylor

Tiffany Taylor is Playboy's Miss November 1998.

We are working to book several media guests for this year's show and more guests may be announced

Comic Book & Other

Creator Guests

We are very fortunate this year to have some great comic creator guests booked for the show. The list will grow as the show approaches! Watch this site for updates! We will be adding more guests and more information about each guest soon!

The 2008 show will feature, as one aspect, a horror and monster theme (with some emphasis on Zombies, as you shall see!). In keeping with this theme, some of our first guests to confirm their appearances are

Tony Moore

Artist of Walking Dead and Exterminators

Eric Powell

Creator of the Goon

(The Goon Home Page!)

Arthur Suydam

Premier Zombie artist & one of the the most popular cover artists in comics today! His Zombie images grace the covers of many Marvel titles - you have to love that Zombie Mary Jane!

Bernie Wrightson

Illustrator Bernie Wrightson, is one of the legends in the comics business (and other businesses, as well) for his amazing and detailed work on House of Secrets and Swamp Thing, as well as his work on an illustrated edition of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, among many other credits. He is celebrating his 40th anniversary as a professional illustrator and the 25th anniversary of his illustrated edition of Frankenstein

Mr. Powell, Mr. Suydam and Mr. Wrightson are making their FIRST APPEARANCES at Planet Comicon.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Other First Time Planet Comicon Guests

Creators not known primarily for their horror/monster/zombie related work include:

Kurt Busiek

Mr. Busiek is one of the top writers in comics. He is the creator of Astro City (with artist Brent Anderson) and writer of many titles, including Avengers, Iron Man, Marvels and Conan, to name only a few.

Gary Friedrich

Writer Gary Friedrich's extensive writing credits include 1960s romance comics and Blue Beetle for Charlton comics before moving to Marvel and scripting such titles as Millie the Model, Rawhide Kid and Kid Colt, as well as the re-introduction of the Ghost Rider (with artist Ayers) and a run on Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos (also with Ayers). Other credits include the Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men, Captain America and Marvel Team-Up, plus many more.

Michael Golden

Mr Golden's work has appeared in The 'Nam, Micronauts, G.I. Joe Yearbook, Dr. Strange, Nightwing, Detective & the upcoming Heroes for Hire & Iron Man, among many other credits.

Brian Pulido

Mr. Pulido is best known for his work on Lady Death, Evil Ernie, Chastity and Purgatory

Mark Texeira

Artist Mark Texeira's work includes Ghost Rider and Moon Knight, as well as a recent cover for Maxim Magazine. His past work includes such titles as Wolverine, Black Panther, Vampirella and many more.

Renee Witterstaetter

A writer, editor and publisher, Ms. Witterstaetter has worked on such titles as Superman, Silver Surfer, Conan and Conan Saga, as well as spearheading the introduction of She-Hulk for Marvel Comics. For Topps Co, she was the editor on X-Files, Jurassic Park, Xena and Hercules and the co-creator—with Jackie Chan and artist Michael Golden-- of Jackie Chan's Spartan X. She was also the colorist on hundreds of comics from the Avengers to Spiderman to Captain America, plus many more.

Guests Returning to Planet Comicon

& Artists Alley Guests

Jason Aaron

Scott Beaderstadt

Grant Bond

Rick Burchett

Anna Maria Cool

Rudy Garcia

Matt Fraction

Jeremy Haun

Phil Hester

Jennifer Janesko

Ed Lavallee

B. Clay Moore

Jeff Moy

Phil Moy

Jai Nitz

Ande Parks

Rick Stasi

Mike Worley

I know MedicAR already posted a thread on this...

I meant to place this in the Signature Room and notified the mods to move it there...sorry about doubling up on it!

I have heard Bernie does not do sketches also...

Less than a month to go......he still doesn't have his "Guests" link up and working......I'm afraid this is it.

Also, Lou Ferrigno and Brian Pulido have backed out.

A couple more cancellations...no idea who they are. Mr. Golden and Mr. Sudyam.

And Bernie will now only be there part of Saturday! doh!

KC Con this weekend.

Sucks about all the cancellations.

Anyone still going?

I'll probably be there Saturday.

KC Con this weekend.

Anyone still going?

This should be in May...like last year. doh!

KC Con this weekend.

Anyone still going?

This should be in May...like last year. doh!
It is early isn't it. Between that and the crappy guest list.....I'm less than enthused. Hopefully I can get a couple decent books.

I will be there...everyone else should be too... :sumo:

Poker Tourney on Saturday night, if anyone wants to go, free eats, commerative chips and OA for the grand prize winner...

PM me!

I'm not sure whether I'm gonna make it or not now. I have to get ready for a trade show that's on Sunday and may have to work on Saturday. :( It will be tough to say no since I just demanded a raise last week.