• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comicon Kansas City April 5/6 2008

37 posts in this topic

I found out from a friend of mine that Suydam unfortunately had to cancel and that he contacted Finch to fill in for him so Meredith and David will be there instead even though they do not normally do more than one con a month. (They will be in New York this month also)

I talked to Meredith a few weeks ago about coming to Dallas this same weekend and she said that they were trying to stick to the "one a month" rule so if you're going it would be nice to thank them for their appearance.

As far as Bernie, his father in law died just a few days ago and that is why he can only stay until 2:00pm on Saturday. He lives in Austin so I think it's great that he's still going to attend at least part of the day on Saturday. Same with Bernie, it would be nice to offer condolences for the loss.

I was disappointed that I couldn't make this show this year. I always enjoy the show. Usually fairly marginal for me, but still a pretty good weekend. Unfortunately, I had already signed up for Gem City in Dayton, before Chris announced the dates for the show. You guys have a good time.

Well I'd like to show up. To bad everyone is backing out. Sucks to be you all. :D I figured it's cheap entertainment, my nephew of 5 wanted to see it and it is a place to look at funny books and have fun killing a Saturday... why not?

Hey guys,

Just stopped in to see who all might go this year. Last year was a great time meeting a bunch of you and I will be there again this year.

Despite me pretty much putting my collecting on hold for awhile, this will be the one weekend I can have some fun with comics again.

I plan to attend both Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully I will see some of you guys.

John

I will be there...everyone else should be too... :sumo:

Poker Tourney on Saturday night, if anyone wants to go, free eats, commerative chips and OA for the grand prize winner...

PM me!

Sent you a PM - is this still a go?

Well, I saw Jon there today, but ust have missed everyone else. Was there from about 11:00-3:45pm.

Had my 1st ever books signed and slated for CGC signature series :)

Had 4 Wrightson covers I had gotten from greggy some time ago and couldn't resist.

Picked up a Devil Dinosaur Omnibus for $20, DC Millinium Edition Mad #1 for $1, DC/Marvel Collectors edition of Batman vs the Hulk for $1, a package of Magazine sized backing boards for $6, 4 1977 Marvel Character toy rings for $1 a piece, and a Veridorin (toy space ship from Japan) for $35.

Had a fun day and saved some funds for tomorrow.

Should be there right at open, so hope I see some of you there.

Had a good time today with my daugher at the con. Ran into MedicAR & jonjesper.

Picked up a sweet 1968 Spectacular Spider-Man #2, a GD ASM #50, a FN ASM #46, a VG 'Tec #359 and a two VF-NM 'Tec #471 & #474.

Anybody see how much those giant sized reprints of 'Tec 27 that the vender in about the center of the floor were priced? I meant to grab one, I may go back on Sunday if they were not too expensive...