• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Ebayers grade the toughest?

20 posts in this topic

I am looking to make some purchases soon and want to know which Ebay sellers grade the toughest. Any ideas?

I think a valuable tool is the item description star rating. If the seller has something of 4.8 or higher and deals primarily in comics than it is a good assumption he either grades fairly or in your favor.

I am looking to make some purchases soon and want to know which Ebay sellers grade the toughest. Any ideas?

I think a valuable tool is the item description star rating. If the seller has something of 4.8 or higher and deals primarily in comics than it is a good assumption he either grades fairly or in your favor.

Er...no.

I could name two dozen sellers off the top of my head who can't grade for sh!te, but their ratings exceed the 4.8 mark.

Half the problem with eBay is that a good proportion of the buyers don't know how to grade, either. :(

Lots of ideas, but I can't see many folk wanting to share too much.

Over many years, and through much heartache, people have whittled down their sources to people they can trust. They're not going to throw that information out into the public domain so readily and watch themselves get outbid on everything they want in the future. (thumbs u

:hi: ..... but I have nothing for sale now

all of your stuff was CGC'd

Actually, about 1/2 of my sales are raw......only high grade and high dollar books are sold CGC certified ;)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=showcase-4&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

I've had some excellent experiences with "zillaf4" (Langes Sports). IMHO, he seems to slightly undergrade. It seems a lot of other eBayers feel that way too, since most of his raw offerings get bid up pretty close to (or over) guide. You won't find any spectacular bargains, but you can be pretty sure that you'll be happy with what you get.

Other than that, it's been pretty much luck of the draw for me... Good luck :)

I've had some excellent experiences with "zillaf4" (Langes Sports). IMHO, he seems to slightly undergrade. It seems a lot of other eBayers feel that way too, since most of his raw offerings get bid up pretty close to (or over) guide. You won't find any spectacular bargains, but you can be pretty sure that you'll be happy with what you get.

Other than that, it's been pretty much luck of the draw for me... Good luck :)

Nice chime in (thumbs u

Once that infomation has been posted here, the ship has sailed, my friend.

Look at zilla4 as others have mentioned... their raw goes for over guide or close to slabbed prices. Party's over...

*chirp*

*chirp* *chirp*

After perusing the reputable dealers (and lots of them are forumites here) the best place to buy books is on these boards.

R.

zillaf4, yes, tight grader. I used to buy from jasonsauctions a while back, would occasionally get a steal of a deal and I thought he was very tight on grading, particularly HG stuff. nowadays he's more store items and they aren't bargain priced, but you get what you've paid for, which is always nice, unless he's changed his standards in the last 3 years.

gary dolghof (mispelled name) and old timer who has a lot of ads in overstreet is also known as a tight grader. i don't know how much high grade or BA he sells online, or if he even still sells on ebay, but unless he's changed his standards, if you buy some VG+ pre-code horror or whatever from him, it'll be a really nice VG+ and could probably slab out as a Fine.

Once that infomation has been posted here, the ship has sailed, my friend.

Look at zilla4 as others have mentioned... their raw goes for over guide or close to slabbed prices. Party's over...

*chirp*

*chirp* *chirp*

After perusing the reputable dealers (and lots of them are forumites here) the best place to buy books is on these boards.

R.

After finding these boards and being patient I no longer buy off of ebay. The one or two conventions I attend and the boards is all I need now :cloud9:

zillaf4 is usually accurate, but recently a lot of their auctions go for much higher than it should because of a lot of people knowing about them. A couple months ago somebody paid $120 for one of their Watchmen 1 NM raw, when you could have bought a CGC 9.6 for less. :shrug:

zillaf4 is usually accurate, but recently a lot of their auctions go for much higher than it should because of a lot of people knowing about them. A couple months ago somebody paid $120 for one of their Watchmen 1 NM raw, when you could have bought a CGC 9.6 for less. :shrug:

The gamblers come out in force when word gets out that they **may** undergrade. Nik showed a zilla4 Invaders #1 advertised as VF that came back CGC 9.8. That in itself probably drove a thousand wishful bids. lol

The gamblers come out in force when word gets out that they **may** undergrade. Nik showed a zilla4 Invaders #1 advertised as VF that came back CGC 9.8. That in itself probably drove a thousand wishful bids. lol

Nik must be a Zillaf4 shill! :o:baiting: