• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DELETED--SALE OVER--MANY THANKS

98 posts in this topic

[You've been here long enough to know that 1 common glib response is to post :takeit: to a book that is known to not be for sale.

Personally, I think that this type of "lame non-joke" is in extremely poor taste.

Agreed.

Poor taste? How so?

I'm happy to accept the "lame non-joke" stab, but poor taste? All I did was express interest in a book in his sig line.

More than anything Jeff, I think in this case it was more of a wrong place, wrong time kind of thing. Poor taste could be a little harsh.

Do you mean because of the whole Green River thing with Brad? Because I skipped that thread, and was only expressing interest in the Flash because I'm working on 80 Page Giants right now, not because it's a GR.

Many of the best books in my collection are a direct result of expressing interest in them when they were not for sale.

Poor taste? How so?

I'm happy to accept the "lame non-joke" stab, but poor taste?

Maybe poor taste is taking it a bit too far, but it's definitely getting repetitive and intrusive to the sellers, and while it was funny the first couple of times, now it's just ultra-lame and should die a quick death.

Poor taste? How so?

I'm happy to accept the "lame non-joke" stab, but poor taste?

Maybe poor taste is taking it a bit too far, but it's definitely getting repetitive and intrusive to the sellers, and while it was funny the first couple of times, now it's just ultra-lame and should die a quick death.

hanging.jpg

[You've been here long enough to know that 1 common glib response is to post :takeit: to a book that is known to not be for sale.

Personally, I think that this type of "lame non-joke" is in extremely poor taste.

Agreed.

Poor taste? How so?

I'm happy to accept the "lame non-joke" stab, but poor taste? All I did was express interest in a book in his sig line.

More than anything Jeff, I think in this case it was more of a wrong place, wrong time kind of thing. Poor taste could be a little harsh.

Do you mean because of the whole Green River thing with Brad? Because I skipped that thread, and was only expressing interest in the Flash because I'm working on 80 Page Giants right now, not because it's a GR.

Many of the best books in my collection are a direct result of expressing interest in them when they were not for sale.

Yes, I am afraid there is going to be blood on the message boards. :eek:

Agreed.

Poor taste? How so?

I couldn't give a flip about GRs.

Yes, everyone seems on edge around here....., like maybe it's that time of the month.

Spend too much time here and we all start cycling together...., :eek:

Agreed.

Poor taste? How so?

I couldn't give a flip about GRs.

Me either, but the ones that do have their panties in a wad. So, they are a little on edge.

:gossip: Careful. I attempted some innocent humor earlier in the thread, and was accused of trying to derail the thread, followed by threats that he'd notify the mods if I didn't delete my post and back off.

Perplexing, but true. doh!

Have you got nothing better to do than trolling my sales thread?

For God's sake man, grow up!

What have I ever done to you? (shrug):cry:

Just for the record, I thought it was funny as heII. (thumbs u

homer.jpg

Hey, now, get it right. Goonchild didn't say I have a tiny brain, he said I have a walnut for a brain.

I thought that was quite a compliment. He could've chosen a much smaller nut. :banana:

Agreed.

Poor taste? How so?

I suppose it could have been something really serious, like asking him how high his bid was on a book you were both interested in, then using that info to snipe him at the last minute.

No, that would be much worse. Luckily, you didn't do that. You might have gone all the way down to almond-sized

Just for the record, I thought it was funny as heII. (thumbs u

homer.jpg

Hey, now, get it right. Goonchild didn't say I have a tiny brain, he said I have a walnut for a brain.

I thought that was quite a compliment. He could've chosen a much smaller nut. :banana:

You're lucky, He told me my brain wasn't working , or I didn't even have a brain (I cant remember which) in the "Hey goonchild" Thread.