• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Hated OMD, but loves BND in ASM?

153 posts in this topic

BND sucks. I refuse to read it. The only marvel title worth reading now is Iron Fist. And now that Aja is not doing the art on it anymore.....I hope they bring someone good in for the next arc. Brubaker did a sick job with this book. I took this lull in good comics coming out to focus on my ebay buys and get some good key issues. I also stopped buying ASM after the final OMD. Shame. Djurdewhatever's covers stunk as well. As far as I am concerned, they might as well have killed spiderman and had a whole new person who is not named peter parker assume the identity.....the only and same lame way that they can end a bad idea only to bring about a worse one.

It's a little sad that more people probably bought the issues with Gwen Stacy having the Green Goblin's babies than are buying the book now.

The book has gone back in time to Bronze Age style stories. No big subplots. Much shorter stories. Nothing huge ever happens. Just Spidey being Spidey fighting simple Spidey bad guys and trying to live his difficult life. I dig it. The book was a light and breezy read back then; it wasn't at all when JMS was writing it.

More Spidey books are selling per month now than before I'd guess. They can't be too unhappy about that fact. But they'll need to do something to right the ship. Aren't they bringing Waid on board to write? And JRJR is coming to pencil an arc? That ought to spike things up a bit.

BND sucks. I refuse to read it. The only marvel title worth reading now is Iron Fist. And now that Aja is not doing the art on it anymore.....I hope they bring someone good in for the next arc. Brubaker did a sick job with this book. I took this lull in good comics coming out to focus on my ebay buys and get some good key issues. I also stopped buying ASM after the final OMD. Shame. Djurdewhatever's covers stunk as well. As far as I am concerned, they might as well have killed spiderman and had a whole new person who is not named peter parker assume the identity.....the only and same lame way that they can end a bad idea only to bring about a worse one.

Ok... So it sucks, and you have not read it ?? I would think that you would have to try something before passing judgement ? But hey Goblin babies were much cooler, and the clone , and so on and so forth. I would hardly call BND a LOW point for spidey, the books better. I like the stories more and the book is fun again. OMD sucked, but the ending with Mephisto.. Eh I like Mephisto, dont really see him enough.

It's a little sad that more people probably bought the issues with Gwen Stacy having the Green Goblin's babies than are buying the book now.

The book has gone back in time to Bronze Age style stories. No big subplots. Much shorter stories. Nothing huge ever happens. Just Spidey being Spidey fighting simple Spidey bad guys and trying to live his difficult life. I dig it. The book was a light and breezy read back then; it wasn't at all when JMS was writing it.

More Spidey books are selling per month now than before I'd guess. They can't be too unhappy about that fact. But they'll need to do something to right the ship. Aren't they bringing Waid on board to write? And JRJR is coming to pencil an arc? That ought to spike things up a bit.

Triple Post !!

Mark Waid is the absolute WORST Flash writer ever, I hope he does not do Spidey... That would make the book a bit hard. The Geoff Johns Flash was so good, the Bart Allen stuff was better. So they kill the good book and character, and go back to Waid stories. Very dissapointed with DC for that.

Ok... So it sucks, and you have not read it ?? I would think that you would have to try something before passing judgement ? But hey Goblin babies were much cooler, and the clone , and so on and so forth. I would hardly call BND a LOW point for spidey, the books better. I like the stories more and the book is fun again. OMD sucked, but the ending with Mephisto.. Eh I like Mephisto, dont really see him enough.

I think the point is: if Marvel is going to do such a crappy job transitioning a top character like Spidey with the abortion called OMD, why reward them by buying the BND after-birth? hm(shrug)

After I bought the OMD series I stopped buying!!!!

Whisp.. I like you,you seem like a good guy. But you bought the crappy arc, and turned down the fun stuff ? (shrug)

Well I don't buy alot of moderns. I ended up buying back in black because I liked the covers and some of that story went into OMD so I grabbed those too. Story was ok but when they made all those book into one book or whatever that would come out 3 times a month I was like no way. I mainly wanted just the back in black anyways. And to tell the truth when I grabbed my Ultimate Spider-Mans for Moon Knight appearances I liked that series better. Even like the Ultimate Moon Knight better then the series going on right now for Moon Knight.

Guess I am just odd :P

spideyomd.jpg

Pretty much the extant of my Spider-Man collection lol other then the older ones with Moon Knight appearances , Ultimate Spider-Man with Moon Knight appearances, few odd ones and my Marvel team-up #141.

Look, I am not a long time comic book reader. I got pulled in during civil war because I was like OMG Iron Man and Captain America are brawling! This is awesome. Then I got really sucked into ASM and Strazinski's writing. I thought he was fantastic.....I also love the way that Ron Garney draws spiderman. In my opinion ASM 539 is one of the hottest covers I have ever seen.

When I bought like every tie in for civil war because I just needed to know....I slowed down once we got into all of that initiative bs.. I got a few New Avengers titles to try to keep up, but then everything got so confusing. I don't know how you guys keep up over the years! Gwen Stacy had green goblins babies....lol

I stopped buying mostly because it seems Marvels only goal is to get you to buy as many different covers and slight tie ins as possible rather than worry about the overall "good" of the characters and plot. The last awesome ASM was when spidey beat the out of Kingpin in the jail. That was so freakin awesome. Anyways is the spiderman in New Avengers now the same spiderman as the one in ASM?

Maybee I should read for myself before I turn down ASM....which judging from these good reviews I might get a couple of issues... I do appreciate the feedback though, I don't have a lot of people to bs with current comics about.

Two last questions.... what does *spoon* mean?

and does anyone else LOVE Iron FIST!

Peace!

oh also all of those Djurdevic covers for ASM OMD. Did you guys like those covers? I found them to be extremely boring.....all it is is just a 1 figure pose....not action, no composition. Yet Marvel touts Djurdevic as some sort of cover phenom. What do you guys think about his work?

DeFloweringGwen1.jpg

I disagree. The hype about that storyline drew me in and I thought the Gobby/Gwen link was hilarious. Those are the only new ASM issues I have bought and read since the end of the McSpidey run. For me, the artwork and storylines both dropped off right around then so I killed the title in my file. Sounds like it was a good move now! lol

Look, I am not a long time comic book reader. I got pulled in during civil war because I was like OMG Iron Man and Captain America are brawling! This is awesome. Then I got really sucked into ASM and Strazinski's writing. I thought he was fantastic.....I also love the way that Ron Garney draws spiderman. In my opinion ASM 539 is one of the hottest covers I have ever seen.

When I bought like every tie in for civil war because I just needed to know....I slowed down once we got into all of that initiative bs.. I got a few New Avengers titles to try to keep up, but then everything got so confusing. I don't know how you guys keep up over the years! Gwen Stacy had green goblins babies....lol

I stopped buying mostly because it seems Marvels only goal is to get you to buy as many different covers and slight tie ins as possible rather than worry about the overall "good" of the characters and plot. The last awesome ASM was when spidey beat the out of Kingpin in the jail. That was so freakin awesome. Anyways is the spiderman in New Avengers now the same spiderman as the one in ASM?

Maybee I should read for myself before I turn down ASM....which judging from these good reviews I might get a couple of issues... I do appreciate the feedback though, I don't have a lot of people to bs with current comics about.

Two last questions.... what does *spoon* mean?

and does anyone else LOVE Iron FIST!

Peace!

Im always down to talk about current comics. And god YES Spidey laying the smackdown on Kingpin was one of the BEST things I ever read !

DeFloweringGwen1.jpg

I disagree. The hype about that storyline drew me in and I thought the Gobby/Gwen link was hilarious. Those are the only new ASM issues I have bought and read since the end of the McSpidey run. For me, the artwork and storylines both dropped off right around then so I killed the title in my file. Sounds like it was a good move now! lol

Ryan, you just couldn't resist...

If you love Steve Ditko, be sure to pick up ASM 559 - 561. The guy drawing the book is phenomenal.

Seriously? Or is this some kind of joke? (shrug)

Not at all.

If you have to hype a book by comparing one of today's artists on ASM to Steve Ditko 30 years ago its really not a selling point trust me. Dont get me wrong Ditko was great in his time, but there is no market for his style of artwork today.