• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Hated OMD, but loves BND in ASM?

153 posts in this topic

what are folk's take on the new anti-venom thing?

hm

I love how How Mephistos power made everyoen forget who spiderman really is..

Including Norman Osbourne, Eddie Brock and Venom (including symbiote)

Anyone know when the latest sale figures come out. My LCS order more for this story line but they extras he bought seemed to just lay there.

I think the July numbers came out last week.

Atomic-Chandler keeps ticking me off on ASM. They always seem to be 1-2 copies short and have to do transfers from Mesa if I'm not there every Wednesday when the new issues come out. I'm still quitting after Romita Jr.'s done, although the counter help keeps trying to talk me into staying on as they believe the book's getting stronger story-wise.

I'm a couple back, but the Anti-Venom seems kind of silly (and I like the BND arcs).

Mile High said that there sales on ASM were much higher with Venom (sellouts). It's a huge change as the pre-Venom BND's were at near all-time low sellings.

Pat

i think this story would have been pretty good with another artist on the book. I mean come on, the last page of the latest issue would have been awesome if it were not drawn by JRJR. I dont mean to hate on JRJR, but his stuff just does not pop like most artists out there these days.

The return of Romita Jr and the associated variant cover frenzy finally provided a jump for the title. Too bad it immediately starting tanking again the next issue. It'll be interesting to see if sales stabilize higher than before but I tend to doubt it. Also, it's kind of sad, and I'm not highlighting ASM here, that gimmicks are still being used to boost sales. I have too many bad memories of the 90s variant craze and think the same mistakes we saw then are being repeated today. In fact, comics overall were down again in August for the seventh straight month. Maybe we are seeing a return of a mini-crash...the last one didn't happen overnight. And comics are selling far fewer now than at a comparable point in the 90s crash so I wouldn't be surprised if the pain effects more mainstream titles than before...

127,958 - Amazing Spider-Man #546

101,213 - Amazing Spider-Man #547

97,959 - Amazing Spider-Man #548

101,112 - Amazing Spider-Man #549

90,874 - Amazing Spider-Man #550

88,084 - Amazing Spider-Man #551

89,835 - Amazing Spider-Man #552

82,648 - Amazing Spider-Man #553

81,072 - Amazing Spider-Man #554

86,902 - Amazing Spider-Man #555

78,458 - Amazing Spider-Man #556

77,057 - Amazing Spider-Man #557

76,944 - Amazing Spider-Man #558

74,184 - Amazing Spider-Man #559

73,991 - Amazing Spider-Man #560

72,372 - Amazing Spider-Man #561

71,893 - Amazing Spider-Man #562

70,792 - Amazing Spider-Man #563

68,882 - Amazing Spider-Man #564

69,182 - Amazing Spider-Man #565

68,912 - Amazing Spider-Man #566

68,130 - Amazing Spider-Man #567

93,395 - Amazing Spider-Man #568

77,950 - Amazing Spider-Man #569

Jim

I actually like where JRJR's style has gone...but I can see where it's not for everyone. It kind of reminds me of David Mazzuchelli's art a little bit. Not really realistic, but not cartoon-anime either.

I'm still enjoying this title quite a bit, it'll be interesting to see how they proceed after JR leaves.