• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fund Raiser for Rick (Speedjunkies)... Let's call it a over at $420... Nice Job!

135 posts in this topic

Ok... Rick is in a tough spot here and may be out some cash too. In an attempt to continue to save the "less informed" in the comic community from scammers and thieves, he unfortunately may have acted too hastily and took action against the seller in question (Fred) who I suspect is legit, but just very inexperienced.

Judging from my communications with Fred, his apparent public appearance here to confront Rick, and due to the other reasons I brought up earlier in the original thread ebay Scam Alert... I think Fred may indeed be for real.

I'm trying to mediate a truce between the two so Rick can preserve his excellent eBay feedback and both can move on without damaging one another further. I'm not going to speculate on who messed with Ricky's auctions. If it was Fred, 2 wrongs don't make a right, and it was excessive, BUT I certainly can see where he could react like that. I might have too.

In any event, regardless if Rick gets all his fees back or not... I want to lend him my verbal and financial support and not leave him hanging alone when he suffers backlash and loss from his honorable attempts to save people from heartache and financial loss. I'm speaking primarily of his "Scam-Busting and Buyer-Beware Warnings". If it turns out Fred is indeed legit as I believe, this experience will teach Rick to be a little more cautious about the actions he takes. Sometimes more investigation may be needed and a "Questionable Looking Auction" warning may be in order instead of action. Either way, this is not always easy to tell and despite that he stuck his neck out to save others. Being one who has been scammed to the tune of $2,550, I appreciate that he's out there watching.. and acting too. I'm sorry for Fred if my belief of his legitimacy is correct (and boy will I appear to be a fool if not), but sometimes there may be "causalities of war" if the "warning signs" are all there and little is done to dispel concerns by the seller when asked. That said, I still advise Rick to approach things differently from here on in.

So... Anyway, I'm starting a fund drive for Rick.

Regardless if he gets his money back or not from eBay, he can keep my donation... he deserves it for time spent helping/rescuing many ebay comic buyers! I also believe that Rick will use some of these funds to reimburse Fred for his losses as those 2 mend fences. If Ricky ends up receiving in excess of his potential loss... Cool! I consider it a well-deserved bonus to spend on a MTU of his choice. He should be getting paid somehow.

Rick "Speedjunkies" Thank You Fund!

Totals have moved on down the thread...

Anyone else?

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Remind me to get a stalker to nab my BINs. But then again, I'd probably be on my own. blush.gif

I'm in to help out Dawg anytime, anyplace, but for now, I'll wait to hear if EBay works things out for him. If he gets cooked, then Paypal is on the way.

Remind me to get a stalker to nab my BINs. But then again, I'd probably be on my own. blush.gif

I'm in to help out Dawg anytime, anyplace, but for now, I'll wait to hear if EBay works things out for him. If he gets cooked, then Paypal is on the way.

You may be surprised... any "honorable deed" made can never be taken away from you. Even if you don't see eye to eye with someone... IF they truly were "good people" and made unselfish charitable efforts and then had difficuties themselves... I'd help them. I bet many others would too.

Those that know Rick's Paypal and want to send...Feel Free... OK. I was just going to wait, but that works.

27_laughing.gif Sex Sells! Thank Lantern...

Lets also hope Rick DOES get his loot back from ebay so this fundraiser becomes primarily a "Thanks For The Effort Bonus" instead!

Just to confirm... he may indeed get most of his lost fees back after several months. By donating you understand this, and want him to be either "covered" (if he doesn't) or "rewarded anyway" (if he does)... whatever the outcome may be.

I'll donate 1% of my gross from my auctions which incidentally close later today!

Greggy's auctions thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Excellent... Creative... AND Very Generous.

Right now that's in the neighborhood of $20... and higher it will go!

NICE Touch Greg!

Just giving others an incentive to bid up my books! grin.gif