• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World Around Us thread

27 posts in this topic

Congrats! (thumbs u

I never see these books in high grade. I just checked the Census and there are a total of 3 books submitted and only 1 book was graded over a 6.0. I assume that so few are graded for a combination of reasons, but mostly because they are not popular which equates to relatively low value.

This group had a couple of the harder ones for me to find

WAU21PRESIDENTS.jpg

WAU22BOATING.jpg

WAU23EXPLORERS.jpg

WAU24GHOSTS.jpg

Having these in general is good as it boosts awareness of the title. (Otherwise, it's silver all the way.) I find that people are interested in these if they know they exist. I often throw one or two of the military ones up on my board at shows.

Great stuff--I haven't seen a few of those before.

I think that these did not sell all that well. they were very high priced at a quarter each when regualr comics were only a dime. There must have been quite a few returns as many of the copies that I have seen are covered with a purple return overspray.

I remember seeing copies for sale on eBay a few years ago from a wharehouse find that were literally still dripping wet with the spray.

WAU29VIKINGS.jpg

WAU30UNDERSEASADVENTURE.jpg

WAU31HUNTING.jpg

WAU32GOLDANDGLORY.jpg

here are the final four books from the series. It looks like they never wrapped up some of the series that they had running. sure wonder what happened to "The Armada" or "The Witches of Salem"

WAU33FAMOUSTEENS.jpg

WAU34FISHING.jpg

WAU35SPIES.jpg

WAU36FIGHTFORLIFE.jpg

I think that these did not sell all that well. they were very high priced at a quarter each when regualr comics were only a dime. There must have been quite a few returns as many of the copies that I have seen are covered with a purple return overspray.

I remember seeing copies for sale on eBay a few years ago from a wharehouse find that were literally still dripping wet with the spray.

True, and I picked up a banded bundle of these books courtesy of SkyPinkBlu from that very wharehouse find if I'm not mistaken.

00TheWorldAroundUs6Pack.jpg