• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JLA #5

7 posts in this topic

Here's one I bought about 7 years ago. It's still anice copy but I thought it was so much more then. I haven't dug this out in awhile but I am trying to scan my JLA's in. This is one of those moments where I look again at a book and wonder how I graded it as I did. :sorry: I don't know about others, but some of these books I bought as a teenager or prior to joining here bum me out when I open up the long boxes and pull them out. Primarily ones I thought were in VF/NM shape.

I noticed this one has 2 large corner creases on the FC. I wonder if this book was "pressed" as they don't display badly but they're clearly there.

What do you think?

jla5.jpg[/img]

jla5b.jpg[/img]

If the creases were heavy and broke more color, book would be VGish. Since they're reasonably subtle and the book is sharp overall, I'd give them a partial pass and guess a soft 5.0. I think they're too large to reach Fine though. Attractive book!

even with the spine stress, i could have seen this as a possible 7.0-7.5. the question is the two long corner creases (one of which is quite difficult to see). i'm thinking this could garner as high as 5.5..................nice looking copy and with the creases being relatively light, it presents quite well........... (thumbs u