• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #60, 1st SA Spectre!

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so it looks really nice, right? The only problem is that the bottom staple is popped very cleanly from the cover, but attached to the rest of the book. Also, there is that crease near the Spectre's left leg. What do you guys think?

2247912110_cde30b5063_b.jpg

2247914026_bb45b9a3ac_b.jpg

I guess that the lower staple is really just a slit in the cover??? (that's why the "Staples" appear to be of different widths)??

i would hazard a guess that this might get an 8.0 Qualified. i had a few DC's with this problem with the lower staple on otherwise very nice looking books, and that's what i was given each time. if not a "Q" label, then maybe a 5.5???

That's the thing, I actually got a really good deal on it, so I'm just trying to determine if it was still worth it. Yeah, it's just a very clean book overall, probably at least a VF without the crease and staple issue. And again, the staple pull couldn't really be cleaner. Just a slit in the front cover basically. Any more opinions? I mean, I don't intend on getting this slabbed or anything, but I'm just trying to determine where this book would fall value/grade-wise in the OSPG :P

Unless you paid around VG/F price range you should ask for a partial refund, especially since you were not made aware of the defect. Many people despise staple pulls enough they would return the book on the spot.

I think in the end if you are happy with the price paid even with the defect you should keep it. But at least write the seller and tell them about it.

It's still a nice book, just not as nice as I am sure you had hoped.

Good luck.

Sorry about the staple pull. I was pretty sure that CGC would hammer another wise pretty book for it. I think P5 is right on the money. :(

Good luck with your dispute!

K guys, so here's the deal. I got this book for $60 shipped. The seller is offering either a full refund or if I keep it he will do a partial refund of $10. What do you guys think I should do!?!?! I may be leaning towards just keeping it. Any more opinions on how this would grade?