• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Metal Men #22!

10 posts in this topic

I must have bought this one sometime in the 1980s, but I sure don't remember it! Nice glossy copy. There's a hint of pen impression in the gloss of the FC (couple of small letters), and bit of light dirt (not staining) on BC. That's about it. Thanks!

mm22.jpg

mm22back.jpg

Structurally that FC could go as high as a 9.2 - 9.4 depending on what the tiny spine nicks look like in hand.

The BC has that one odd little stain like mark towards the upper right edge and then lot's of dirt/transfer stain.

If this was Nik's book, i'd say that BC was a production error with no deduction :grin: . but it looks like dirt to me and so i'd guess the overall grade would drop to about an 8.5.................of course, some wonder bread might bring it right up to a 9.0 - 9.2.................. :devil:

Who is the other female in the LRC?? is this Tin's girlfriend or somesuch?? I sorta liked the Metal Men and always liked the Andru/Esposito art team.............

If thats a chip/tear upper R BC spine I would say VF- if it isnt, then VF

Nice book

For the record, just checked and there's no chip, tear or other unpleasantness in that spot on the back. Just a very light scuff that the dirt is accentuating in the scan.

Thanks for the grades, guys! (thumbs u