• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first post to the boards!

55 posts in this topic

abeewelcome.gif

What's ya gonna do for your 1000th post? :D

Something special. (thumbs u I had my one year anniversary and no one noticed. :sorry:

We all notice...you're like...The Wizard, The Man with the Super Brain or something like that. You, more than anyone on these boards, earn your keep by constantly delighting us.

abeewelcome.gif

What's ya gonna do for your 1000th post? :D

Something special. (thumbs u I had my one year anniversary and no one noticed. :sorry:

We all notice...you're like...The Wizard, The Man with the Super Brain or something like that. You, more than anyone on these boards, earn your keep by constantly delighting us.

:applause: Yes indeed, well said, and

DITTO

Welcome aboard.

Being the n00b you must supply pie to the rest of us. I'll take a chocolate cream pie.

"More people will show up if you tell them you have punch and pie."

Sorry but your post reminded me of the above South Park quote I use all the time.

And welcome to the boards Mr. Badlands.

We have the exact same taste in comics. X-men 94-200 were my glory days of comic reading.

I collect mostly X-Men of course as well as Amazing Spiderman and Marvel Team-Up.

I just recently discovered CGC and I am hooked. Now it is just a small matter of all the money I need.

My story is probably a typical one around here, but anyways...I collected when I was a kid, put 'em away and forgot about 'em for 25 years. Have recently rediscovered them, and BOOM! I've kinda become obsessed! I collect just Marvel and DC SA and BA, raw copies mostly. Good times had by me!

Welcome! Your story pretty much matches up to mine that happened almost a year ago. Collected as kid in 70's, early 80's and gave it up for 25 years and then decide to get back in it - on a whim. Now my comics bookmarks has outnumbered my BBQ and Flyfishing sites.

One word of caution - stay away from the Selling Forum! It is habit forming!

The story matches mine ,as well! I came here 6-12 mos. ago , to do a little due diligence , before I sold off my "entire collection" , that I have had for over 25 years and rarely looked at.

Now I'm on all the time , managed to sell a couple ,but ! ,.... just received a box of 60+ SA books from Flam. Tele. , and have about 10 other people sending me stuff this week!..... :o

......Oh yeah ,last night I designed and built a secret bookshelf in a door opening that can open to show display shelves w/ my comics in it!... :o

PS......I think it's because we now have the $$ that we didn't have when little , and already stable in career , done the wife and kids thing , .......so we feel we can enjoy our little hobby, .........a little..............BH...... ;)

The story matches mine ,as well! I came here 6-12 mos. ago , to do a little due diligence , before I sold off my "entire collection" , that I have had for over 25 years and rarely looked at.

Now I'm on all the time , managed to sell a couple ,but ! ,.... just received a box of 60+ SA books from Flam. Tele. , and have about 10 other people sending me stuff this week!..... :o

......Oh yeah ,last night I designed and built a secret bookshelf in a door opening that can open to show display shelves w/ my comics in it!... :o

PS......I think it's because we now have the $$ that we didn't have when little , and already stable in career , done the wife and kids thing , .......so we feel we can enjoy our little hobby, .........a little..............BH...... ;)

Any pics of this "Secret Bookshelf"?

Would love to see it.

Yeah! , I went from the bottom up , and ended up w/ that!......I'm gonna be a little more patient next time! meh

Actually , though , this was from our recent estate sale that we just conducted and I retained the salvage rights to the 20,000 sq. ft + home .

This piece was off the kitchen area , into a bar area , that has pantry type doors that open into this book shelve. Then the book shelve itself is on "piano" hinges" that swing open to reveal a room /safe/storage behind , and/or whatever one chooses to do w/ it.

I plan on having comics in the shelves and then hidden behind , a room with all the comics...........BH....... :insane: