• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Is Clemens Innocent, or an Incredibly ballssy liar?

Clemency for Clemens?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Clemency for Clemens?

32 posts in this topic

I saw on the News today where the Trainer says he also gave HGH to Clements wife.

The trainer also says he has the needles that still have Clements DNA on them. If this is the case then it is all over for Clements.

The question is not his Stats but how the HGH etc would have helped the Stats.This Woman Runner had to give up all her Medals and has to go to Prison for Lying under Oath.

I guess that if the Trainer can prove it then Clements has a lot to lose.

As a Yankees fan, my heart wants to think he is innocent, but my head thinks differently.

At this stage, Clemen's has nothing to lose by protesting very loudly. Best case he clears his name, worst case is no worse off than he is now.

In regard to the allegations that this trainer was forced to name Clemens...

This makes no sense at all. Why would investigators need to get Clemen's specifically? The trainer already rolled on others and named names. (All of which were accurate by the way.) Clemen's camp would have us believe that he had to name Clemens specifically to avoid prosecution. This is absurd and a desperate attempt to smear the witness.

Very disappointing...

Clemens has everything to lose by lying to Congress and or

Federal Agents.We are talking serious jail time if its proven he lied to them.Why do you think he would risk that? He could have said nothing,or even admitted it was true.What has Andy Pettite lost by admitting it?

I haven't seen a shred of evidence against him,just the word of a guy looking to cut a deal,a person who was caught lying to the police in the past.This newest proof is a joke.A bunch of syringes that were kept where,under what conditions,and are supposed to contain what exactly? And that can of beer isn't exactly a smoking gun.If he testifies under oath before congress,I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.If he pulls a Big Mac or a Sammy Sosa,I won't.If he swears he didn't,and it later is proven that he did,I hope they convict him and seize all his ill-gotten gains.

In my mind, the most damning thing (and I've been telling everyone of my Boston friends this for 7 or 8 years), is the whole Piaza incident. There's almost no other was to explain it besides 'roid rage---he loses it because a broken bat heads in his direction, and the best solution he can come up with is to chuck the spear-like projectile at Piaza.

The icing on the cake for me was the look on his face immediately after he did it---a strange combination of confusion, fear, and uncertainty.

Now don't get me started on why Piaza didn't charge him (another incredible shrinking physique). Maybe a little too much empathy and understanding.

I don't want to sound like I am coming to Clemen's defense, because I am not and it would not surprise me at all if he took PEDs....but his body and his performance at that age should not be looked at as conclusive evidence.

Others have excelled beyond a reasonable age, and it should become more common with all of the knowledge of proper training, nutrition and modern medical techniques. It is not like tons of other guys were performing well at 43 years of age. If it were as simple as steroids or HGH, wouldn't others still be playing as well?

I would think Clemens has a tremendous workout routine(as Nolan Ryan did), and his longevity is mostly due to that. His dedication to excellence is the secret to his success. Of course, his drive to perform at ultra high level could have also led him to use PEDs.

Why not say he was steroids years before that,then? His blowup with Willie Randolph was just as bizarre,as was the fight he and his brother got into with the Houston cops the next week? That was in the late 80s.

The Piazza incident was bizarre,but if he had wanted to hit him,I think he would have. I know very little about "roid rage,but I'm not sure one calms down as quickly as RC did,when one is experiancing it.Remember,Clemens pitched a gem afterward.

As a Yankees fan, my heart wants to think he is innocent, but my head thinks differently.

At this stage, Clemen's has nothing to lose by protesting very loudly. Best case he clears his name, worst case is no worse off than he is now.

This makes no sense at all. Why would investigators need to get Clemen's specifically? The trainer already rolled on others and named names. (All of which were accurate by the way.) Clemen's camp would have us believe that he had to name Clemens specifically to avoid prosecution. This is absurd and a desperate attempt to smear the witness.

Very disappointing...

Federal Agents.We are talking serious jail time if its proven he lied to them. Why do you think he would risk that? He could have said nothing,or even admitted it was true.What has Andy Pettite lost by admitting it?

hall of fame- if found guilty clemens won't make it

Very disappointing...

Federal Agents.We are talking serious jail time if its proven he lied to them. Why do you think he would risk that? He could have said nothing,or even admitted it was true.What has Andy Pettite lost by admitting it?

hall of fame- if found guilty clemens won't make it

I guess if he did it that'd be the decision he'd have to weigh. Is probable jail time worth the risk to attempt to preserve your legacy (that you "cheated" to get)? His career is over, so there is just his reputation and his hall of fame status. Perhaps money is to be made over his reputation (advertising, etc.), but does he actually need the money? And regardless of what defense he makes, isn't his reputation pretty much shot either way at this point?

Personally, I think it'd be bigger of him to say that while what he did was wrong, it wasn't illegal, and he felt forced into a situation where he felt like he would be letting down his team because his aging body couldn't handle it anymore.

Wife knows him from his days at San Jac Jr college, she says

he was always a polite boy.

Yeah, well, she is now suspected of taking HGH herself to "tone up" for the Swimsuit Issue cover shoot --- Linky

He means his own wife, knucklehead.

doh! Well duh . . . Iguess all those 'roids that I've been shooting take a toll on the old grey matter, too. :tonofbricks:

Wife knows him from his days at San Jac Jr college, she says

he was always a polite boy.

Yeah, well, she is now suspected of taking HGH herself to "tone up" for the Swimsuit Issue cover shoot --- Linky

He means his own wife, knucklehead.

doh! Well duh . . . Iguess all those 'roids that I've been shooting take a toll on the old grey matter, too. :tonofbricks:

forgiven,

And he does come by the college ballfield as a "favor" once in a blue moon. Bobbie

says he was by two springs ago for somesort of recruiting drive to get some

local bluechip ball players. She's on the college maintenance staff and has the back door track to meet the celebs that show up. Andy Pettit's from Deer Park, about 5 miles down the road from me, and the wife and I know his family from past business dealings. If memory serves his dad bought him some sort of Chrysler K car, maybe a FWD Dodge Lancer ? when he was in highschool. Black clunker that I was happy to fix for a hefty price. Mom and Pop Pettit are good folks, salt

of the earth. Rumor is that other members may use the name to a tilted advantage.