• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seattle Comic Shops

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys...going to have a few hours to kill in Seattle tomorrow and was wondering what stores you might recommend. I have only been to Golden Age Collectibles and it didn't really do much for me. I've stopped in there twice and it was always packed as the market is hopping with tourists on the weekend...really found most of their stuff a little pricey anyways. So yeah, just looking for somewhere else to spend some time (and maybe a few bucks. :blush:).

it's been years since i have been there but this one had some material:

COMICS DUNGEON

250 NE 45TH STREET

SEATTLE, WA

(206) 545-8373

if you drive around the area there was another one a few blocks southeast of this one that had a lot of stuff but i forgot it's name.

you might want to check the yellow pages -there was a good one called Platinum comics exchange down by federal way and there may have been one called atomic comics down that way as well.

Oak Harbor! Ha! I grew up in that itty bitty place! (at least it was when I lived there oh so many years ago) :)

Sadly I don't try and fight my way into the big city very often. The two shops close to me are only good for moderns.

Good luck! (thumbs u

Cool...I'll check out the Dungeon Mar-vel. Thanks!

Scottish...it's still small. I'm originally from Virginia Beach and this place has nothing going on. The only place to get comics in town it The Book and Comic rack but they really have nothing in the way of back issues and don't even get The Walking Dead!. Docking Bay 93 is about 25 minutes away in Mount Vernon but the only difference is they do carry TWD. Had to cancel my box there because they never put the right stuff in it anyways. I'm getting to the point where I wouldn't mind a two hour drive once or twice a month just to get some decent books at a comic shop I actually enjoyed going to!

Oak Harbor...what a small world. I remember when the first sports card shops opened there in the late 80s. Left in '92 and there were no comic shops to speak of.

I'll second the Comic Dungeon. Went to the U for my first year of college and this was the closest shop. Kept a Bone subscription for me. :cloud9:

Well guys...The Dungeon turned out to be just what I needed. I can't believe how much I've missed having a real comic shop around. All I can ever really get out of the two I mentioned are currently storylines but really nothing off the beaten path. Today at the Dungeon I picked up:

Readers of Amazing Spiderman 81 and 98 ($5 and $3) respectively

The Sword 1-3 (didn't have this at Docking Bay and is interesting so far)

and...just because I always love the war books posted here

Our Army At War 230-233,235-241,244

Big GI Combat 147

Star Spangled War Stories 157

for a buck apiece :acclaim:

Now that was a fun trip to the comic store!

Next time you're in town, you might want to cross the 520 bridge into Kirkland - about 15 minutes out of your way (of course that all depends on traffic on the bridge!) But there is also a comic shop that I go to called Bel-Kirk Stamps, Coins and Comics. Bill and Bob are the proprietors and I've found some good stuff there from time to time. They have their high $ long boxes in the back room so you'll probably have to ask them to take one out at a time. They have everything from current to gold. Probably not the highest grades of the most desirable gold and silver, but at least a very good supply of them.

Bel-Kirk Stamp, Coin, & Comics

10641 NE 68th St.

Kirkland, WA 98033

Ph: (425)827-4790

yeah Synch...i'm definitely looking forward to the next issue. I was actually a little wary of starting any new series as I deploy in a month but...Comics Dungeon scored points by offering to mail me my comics while I'm gone. I think i'm going to get a nice list going there...this is my first cruise and I imagine still having some books every month will be very exciting :grin:

i think i found a good one. This one is close by the dungeon and back around 1999 it had a ton of good back issues-check it out

Planet X comics

(206) 632-3231

4215 University Way Ne Seattle, WA

I'll definitely stop in next time i'm in Seattle...I think there is a small show there on the 2nd so i'd like to stop in :whistle: