• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #14 cgc 9.4 on ebay...predictions? and the #2 cgc 9.2?

79 posts in this topic

Yup, got me a free plasma tv shipped to my house.

Thanks buddy

Plasma Tv's suck...the picture isn't that sharp,just bright and overly expensive,and I have heard nothin but problems with them.If anyone got one,hope the worked the bugs out of them by now.. Kevin

I don't know what you're talking about, I've had one for almost a year. Certainly if you get a PoS brand like Gateway or Hitachi. You're gonna get what you paid for, junk. However, Sony and Panasonic both make extremely good plasma screens. I have a Panasonic, DVDs look unbelievable and watching football games on it is like your actually at the statement. Colors are awesome.

Brian

excatly..the colors are awesome...I have widescreen HD not plasma and I can see every single pour on thier faces..I pop in X-men..I can see the blackheads on Wolverines face and nose...I wouldn't get a plasma and I love widescreen,from what I have seen in person...I wasn't impressed.

I looked at one or two 16:9 TV's in HD and had exactly the same reaction. The picture was simply a slight step up from the previous flat tube screen tvs. If you look at them side-by-side the picture is IMO only slightly better. However, you place a GOOD plasma TV by a good HD TV and the results are obvious. There are many plasmas out there that are junk as I said before, just like there's bad HD's. However, if you compare the top of the line Panasonic plasma vs the HD the difference is a crystal clear display, more accurate and deep colors, and more picture depth. Not to mention the plasma is easily viewable from a side angle where as a big screen HD is usually not.

To each their own. As long as you like what you've got, who cares.

Brian

My buddy bought a $7.000 plasma screen about a year ago...

He invited all his friends to watch Gladiator on DVD/dts and a merry time was had by all watching an amazing picture on his wall-mounted screen...

Three days later....this happens

plas.JPG

Guess if you fork out a small fortune on a TV, you can skimp on mounting-screws and bolts 893whatthe.gif

No insurance, not covered under warranty (duh) and unrepairable....

The only thing he got out of it was a night of impressing his friends, a remote control and a story to make everyone sit up and take notice.... foreheadslap.gif

I hate the look of most projection TVs...it seems like they get all shadowy if you're not looking at them at just the right angle. I hate most computer LCD screens for the same reason. Plasma TVs are noticably brighter and crisper when I've looked at them.

However, I've been hearing that their quality/reliability is questionable and that they break easily, even without a drop like Chromium's friend had. I'm not shelling out $5000+ for something that doesn't last a long while.

The only thing he got out of it was a night of impressing his friends, a remote control and a story to make everyone sit up and take notice.... foreheadslap.gif

if he bought it on visa or mastercard, alot of companies give automatic insurance on items....he might want to look into it....

if he bought it on visa or mastercard, alot of companies give automatic insurance on items....he might want to look into it....

Good call..but less than 5% of Belgians use credit cards... We're Europe's most 'careful' consumers smile.gif. Most people over here pay cash or use banktransfers....

Or else he's SOL. I wouldn't buy a plasma,but If i did,I would have gotten it insured.but then again, im sure his friend didn't think it would fall off the wall either

I'm not shelling out $5000+ for something that doesn't last a long while.

If everyone thought like you, Ford Motor company would be long out of business.

Not true: Ford and the other major car manufacturers grew significantly in the 1940s, '50s and '60s largely because many customers got into the habit of trading in last year's model for "the latest thing," year in and year out.

Not saying Ford doesn't / didn't make long-lasting vehicles, but if you listen closely to Chuck Berry's discography you'll notice that every song in which a car shows up, it's a Ford that's getting dusted... (Maybelline: "...Ford got hot and wouldn't do no more..."), (No Money Down: "...I won't have to worry 'bout this broken down Ford") (Dear Dad: "I might as well be walkin' as to drive this old Ford")