• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Sgt Fury #13

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to learn how to grade....bought Overstreet to help.

The first one has the front cover overlapped to the back and a small piece off the upper left corner.I graded it 4.0

The second one has a 1/2 rip in the upper left corner and i graded this one 4.0 also.

How did I do?

Thank you very much

sgtfurt13f001.jpg

sgtfury13b001.jpg

sgf13f2001.jpg

sgf132b001.jpg

I think you're in the ballpark. I'd go 3.5 on both of them, just because the accumulation of defects, mostly creases and chips, seem a tad much for a straight VG. You might get away with the tear or the piece missing on an otherwise tighter book, but there's also a lot of general wear.

That's a great issue by the way. A true classic!

I'd say 3.0 and 3.5 respectively...

Bear in mind that Overstreet's and CGC have slightly different grading protocols...In general, I'd say CGC is about 1/2 to 1-point stricter, all things being equal.

Per pure Overstreet guide, I'd go 3.5 and 4.0 respectively...

I'd say 3.0 and 3.5 respectively...

Bear in mind that Overstreet's and CGC have slightly different grading protocols...In general, I'd say CGC is about 1/2 to 1-point stricter, all things being equal.

Per pure Overstreet guide, I'd go 3.5 and 4.0 respectively...

This is a good point to consider.