• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this the highest price ever paid for a Marvel poster?

27 posts in this topic

I know the Steve Ditko giant Spider-Man posters sometimes go for a few hundred dollars, but this is completely insane:

A very expensive Marvel Blacklight Poster

:o

I bought the Spidey (Thwippp!!) poster at Six Flags in Arlington Texas in the 60s for $1.49.

What fond memories!! Thanks for sharing this!

Groovy, man! :headbang:

Man, that is a sweet collectible. I have vague memories of a couple of these posters hanging in my uncle's bedroom as a kid (he's only 7 years older than me --- I was maybe 7 or 8, so he was just the right age for this stuff). I'm pretty sure he had the Capt. Marvel poster.

Now I'm getting the itch to find a couple for myself. The Black Bolt is maybe my favorite, and the Thor/Sif is looking pretty good to me as well.

See you all later . . . ebay.gif

Around 1985,I found a shop in Times Square that had a few of these Black Light posters for sale. When I gathered all the ones he had on the floor up,he offered me three boxes of thirty six that he had in the basement.I ended up selling them out of my store but they went slowly.Wish I'd kept a few.

Wow. That is extremely un-Third Eye like. Its so different from their normal work that I wonder if they somehow inherited it when they won the distribution rights.Much more mainstream Marvel,that if it didn't have the 'M&D by TE" that I'd think you were mistaken. It reminds me of those stickers Marvel had in the early 70s.

Wow. That is extremely un-Third Eye like. Its so different from their normal work that I wonder if they somehow inherited it when they won the distribution rights.Much more mainstream Marvel,that if it didn't have the 'M&D by TE" that I'd think you were mistaken. It reminds me of those stickers Marvel had in the early 70s.

You're exactly right.

Also, threads like this need to get more attention than threads about Goon-what's-his-name. :whistle:

So :bump::headbang: