• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

don't you hate it when...

13 posts in this topic

you are watching a feebay item for a few days with no bids, you decide to bid X amount & then almost with the hour someone decides to outbid you for some reason?.. I freakn hate that :D :D

you are watching a feebay item for a few days with no bids, you decide to bid X amount & then almost with the hour someone decides to outbid you for some reason?.. I freakn hate that :D :D

Kinda makes you suspicious, huh? Like who would possibly be watching an auction and then bid it up a bit once there was a bid? hm

Lately I've had a rash of bids cancelled due to the auction being cancelled. Guess the sellers weren't seeing the prices they had hoped for. :censored:(tsk)

eBay truly is a hive of scum and villainy. Almost as bad a real auction houses. lol

Willie: Yeah, I know what you mean. You know, the other day, I took one o' them, uh--?

Frankie: Meat thermometers?

Willie: Yeah! And I just shoved it into my ear, you know? As far as it could go, you know? But then I took one o' them, uh--?

Frankie: Ball-peen hammers?

Willie: Right. And just whacked it a few times right in there, you know.

Frankie: Boy, that must smart.

Willie: I know! I HATE when THAT happens.

From SNL Willie & Frankie improv sketch with Billy Crystal and Christopher Guest. No one probably remembers. Your title just reminded me of that sketch.

As a seller, I like it when a few people begin bidding early on. But, as a buyer, I can't understand why they do. I usually set a snipe and forget it. I don't think I've ever bid on something when there was more than 24 hours remaining . . . :shrug:

Willie: Yeah, I know what you mean. You know, the other day, I took one o' them, uh--?

Willie: Yeah! And I just shoved it into my ear, you know? As far as it could go, you know? But then I took one o' them, uh--?

From SNL Willie & Frankie improv sketch with Billy Crystal and Christopher Guest. No one probably remembers. Your title just reminded me of that sketch.

The carrot scraper up the nose was the best one. I think they were dressed like construction workers, sitting on a beam or something

Frankie: You know what I hate?

Willie: What?

Frankie: I go into the kitchen, I open the drawer, you know?

Willie: Uh huh?

Frankie: And I take out a, uh--

Willie: Carrot scraper?

Frankie: Right. And I stick it up my nose, you know, and I'm rootin' it around, and, you know, gettin' all the mucus membranes out o' there, you know? And then I take one o' them, uh--?

Willie: Mentholated eucalyptus cough drops?

Frankie: Right. And I stick it-- wedge it up there, you know? I take a couple o' whiffs, boy. Heh, ya feel like your head's gonna explode.

Willie: Boy, isn't THAT the truth? It's like the other night. I'm in the attic and I got a bunch o' mousetraps, ya know?

Frankie: Right.

Willie: And, for bait, I used a big piece of, uh--

Frankie: Camembert?

Willie: Right. So, so I set the trap, right? A-a-a-a-and I wanna see if the trap was gonna work, right? So I got the Camembert in there.

Frankie: Right.

Willie: But every time I went to taste the cheese, the thing came down right on my tongue! ... I'm tellin' ya -- after forty, fifty times, I - I - I couldn't even feel the cheese, much less taste it. I hate when THAT happens, I'll tell ya that.

Yeah...competitive bidders...eBay should get ridda them... :sumo:

My favorite was them talking about getting his head stuck in a vice...

We quoted this stuff all through high school...

:D I Don't mind that at all really its all part of the game .... but its when you watch a item for a few days no ones bidding on it at all ... theres like 3 or 4 days left so you place a low ball bid & then like 10 min latter some chump comes along and out bids you!

Its like What the HECK!! Where were you a couple of days ago when no one else was bidding?!?! Suddenly you bid and "everyone' else starts to get interested in the thing :S like they were just sitting around waiting for someone else to bid S:

:D I Don't mind that at all really its all part of the game .... but its when you watch a item for a few days no ones bidding on it at all ... theres like 3 or 4 days left so you place a low ball bid & then like 10 min latter some chump comes along and out bids you!

Its like What the HECK!! Where were you a couple of days ago when no one else was bidding?!?! Suddenly you bid and "everyone' else starts to get interested in the thing :S like they were just sitting around waiting for someone else to bid S:

The Art of the Snipe

They're watching you.... :gossip::o

They're watching you.... :gossip::o

cool_shades.gif