• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Superboy #1 (1949)

30 posts in this topic

RARE & CLASSIC! But, spine abrasion; a loose page or miss-matched page or untrimmed page; foxing bottom of front cover; spine stress lines on front cover; slight abrasion spine corners; miss-wrapped progressive spine evident on rear cover; soiling on bottom of rear cover…. Inner pages???

Grade = FN+ VF- ?? But, the intrinsic value $$ exceeds the grade…

Should I slab it and risk CGC beating it up? I'm not sold on slabbing but this is definately not a reader. lol

K,

DON'T slab it if's a keeper. You're like me in that you ENJOY your books.

I unslabbed my FF1 recently.

Fantastic book!!

RARE & CLASSIC! But, spine abrasion; a loose page or miss-matched page or untrimmed page; foxing bottom of front cover; spine stress lines on front cover; slight abrasion spine corners; miss-wrapped progressive spine evident on rear cover; soiling on bottom of rear cover. Inner pages???

Grade = FN+ VF- ?? But, the intrinsic value $$ exceeds the grade

Pages are snug tight to the shiny staples. Yes, the book does have the slightest offset at the spine. Factory error. "whadd'ya gonna do?" Flat as can be though. Foxing is minor. Inner pages are white!! Incredible fresh! Book has no odor.

Upper spine really has no abrasion. Lower has the slight indent I mentioned but not really abraded. Maybe a hint. I just can't get over how fresh this book looks.

It is a tough call. But I agree conservatively it's F+ to VF- 7.0. Surely CGC wouldn't call it below that. You never know.

Thanks for evryones opinions.

Seadevils

I have a few single digit Supermans almost as nice.

O.K. you need to post these like now..

please. :foryou:

I'll post them soon. May put them at my thread "30 years collecting DC Silver new member" Actually my nicest issues are 7, 8 and 10 of Superman. The rest that I have are VG VG+ range.

I have a few single digit Supermans almost as nice.

O.K. you need to post these like now..

please. :foryou:

I'll post them soon. May put them at my thread "30 years collecting DC Silver new member" Actually my nicest issues are 7, 8 and 10 of Superman. The rest that I have are VG VG+ range.

(thumbs u