• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Superboy #1 (1949)

30 posts in this topic

Hi all. This is my first post in the "spare a grade" section as I have recently joined the boards though I've been collecting for over 30 years.

Just wanted to get some opinions from some of you on this awesome book.

Superboy #1 has no restoration that I can detect. And I'm pretty darn good at spotting doctored books.

Lays flat. No spine roll whatsoever. Staples tight and shining bright. Centerfold is snug. Interior pages are white. No tears around the edges. No spine splitting whatsoever. Awesome bright book.

Has the most minor of light foxing spots just a few here and there noticeable inside front cover at the bottom.

Minor spine wear with about 3 tiny color flecks in the boys dark pants leg at the edge of lower spine area. Lower right corner has a fold approx. 3/8" from left going up on the right about 1/2". Hardly noticeable and does not break color. Doesn't even show up in the scan. Lower left spine has the slightest quite minscule little ding. A minor pinch or pressure crease if you will about 1/8". Has been pressed flat in a mylar since the 80's. This has got to be one of the most solid Golden/Atomic age books I've ever held. I have a few single digit Supermans almost as nice.

Hope some of you Golden boys out there will give me your assessment.

Thank you,

Seadevils

superboy1fc.jpg

superboy1bc.jpg

OS says a VF is worth $5642 (where do they get that number? lol )

So a VF- should sneak under the $4000 limit for an express coupon.

(thumbs u

My head tells me there are too many spine stresses for VF, but the book is so tight and the corners so good that it might sneak an 8.0.

Great acquisition!

This conveys my thoughts quite well.....................just an awesome copy of this book............ (worship)