• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic Book Spectacular March 16th

14 posts in this topic

I know this happens to be the same day as Boston but is anyone going to this thing?

I'm actually going to be in New York that weekend and week and thought I'd check it out.

Anyone? (shrug)

I'll be there but my wifes in charge.

It's sixty tables of quality Comic Books, quality Comic Book creators and quality Comic Book dealers. We have standards for renting tables. Having the $$$ and a P.O. box is not enough. No frankenbook or undisclosed resto/pressing dealers ever allowed.

It's held in Mid-Town Manhattan in the world's greatest city. It's a straight shot to the Henry Hudson and I-95 out of town for dealers and attendees driving.

It's in a nice clean building and it's handicapped accessible from the street to the tables. Zero stairs, elevators or escalators required.

The room is a big well-lit square with no poles and has high ceilings.

ATM on site, restaurant, bar, cheap early bird parking!

Free parking if you know the secret!

It has plenty of clean, well stocked bathrooms fit for humans including comic book collectors!

You can sell books to dealers without being mugged at the entrance!

I have no "associates" that get in early to harvest the cream of the shows books before the public gets in.

The show is for the attendees that get in at nine and not a moment sooner. Thats why they started lining up at 8. Thats after I was told repeatedly that New Yorkers would not get up that early on a Sunday. doh! Those that want early picks at the comicopia do.

Creators are accessible! Mike Oeming, Bryan J.L. Glass, Neil Vokes! More TBA!

Collector's relax and have fun!

I guarantee that you will enjoy it if you collect and read comic books.

for guest list and updates go to monkeyhouseentertainment.com

Oh, ask anyone... I'm probably too wordy at times but will definitely do so.

Will you be running the door?

The timid soul that I am tends to stay in the background at the shows as opposed to the promoter and associates sucking the life out of the show before it opens. The show opens at nine for everybody and we mean it.

My wife or daughter will be at door. They will point me out. Say Hi!

Hey guys, I've been to these shows before and they're awesome! Good prices, good people. Not much CGC grade stuff as I remember though to be honest, if that's what you're looking for. I'll be there !

My wife, daughter, and I will all be there... all the way from Texas! Go figure!

Hey guys, I've been to these shows before and they're awesome! Good prices, good people. Not much CGC grade stuff as I remember though to be honest, if that's what you're looking for. I'll be there !

My wife, daughter, and I will all be there... all the way from Texas! Go figure!

It's a lot of comic book fun in a nice facility and we already have more dealers and creators than last show with two weeks to go!

New York Comic Book Spectacular Welcomes Mike Oeming on March 16th

NEW YORK - The New York City Comic Book Spectacular returns on Sunday, March 16th, with over a million comic books and a stellar guest list, offering something for collectors of all ages and interests.

Topping the guest list for this show is Guest of Honor Mike Oeming. The artist behind the highly-regarded "Powers" series (created with writer Brian Michael Bendis), Oeming has also written and drawn comics featuring such legendary characters as Thor, Ares, Red Sonja, Superman, and many more. He is also currently illustrating and co-writing "The Mice Templar" from Image Comics, along with Bryan J.L. Glass, who will also be a guest at the New York Comic Book Spectacular.

Joining Oeming and Glass at the March 16th show will be fellow comic creators Neil Vokes (The Black Forest, Superman Adventures, Hammer of God) and Taki Soma (You'll Never Die). Also on the guest list are Ken Gale of the Nuff Said Radio Show, Mercy Van Vlack, Crazee Comics featuring Sam Vera, David Quiles, Brian Kong, and representatives from the Museum of Cartoon and Comic Art (MoCCA).

The New York Comic Book Spectacular will be held on Sunday, March 16, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the ballroom at the Holiday Inn Midtown, 440 West 57th St. (between 9th and 10th). No Early Bird buyers. Admission is $7 or $5 with the coupon available at Forbidden Planet or at the show's web site. Children under 10 are admitted free with an adult.

This show is focused exclusively on comic books and comic book related merchandise. There will be over one million comic books of all ages from Golden Age to Silver Age to today's hot and hard-to-find issues. There will also be original art from guest artists and comic/animation character items such as anime, action figures, toys, statues, and more.

"It's all about comic books and sequential art," said Promoter Dave Cummings. "Bring the whole family. Tell every comic book reader, collector, artist, or creator that you can about the show. Help spread the word. If you pay big admission prices to entertainment/celebrity/comic shows but are there to buy comics and meet creators then check us out. The show is held in the 1st floor well-lit ballroom in one of the nicest areas of the greatest city in the world. Come meet some great guests, have some comic book fun, meet other collectors in a relaxed setting, and fill the holes in your want list at our eighth comic book convention in The Big Apple!"

The Holiday Inn Midtown also features a restaurant, bar, and ATM on site, as well as plenty of clean bathrooms and handicapped accessibility (from 57th Street). The very convenient location offers discount early bird parking rates and easy on/off the Henry Hudson.

Confirmed dealers at the March 16th show include Katz Komix, TVComics.com, Monkeyhouse Entertainment, Cape Comics, Scott's Comics, Caveboy Patrick's Comics, Metal Machine Comics, Gene's Comics, Max's Comics, and Rangatang Toys, with more dealers to be announced soon. Don't be fooled by the small number of dealers. They will be bringing a huge quantity of comic books, trades, and related itmes. It's not the number of dealers,

it's what they bring to the table!

For more information about the show or to check on dealer space availability please visit www.monkeyhouseentertainment.com or e-mail monkeyhouse55@aol.com.