• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cant decide if I should grade or sell.

12 posts in this topic

I have a varaint copy of incredible hulk 100, the grey incentive cover. I bought it at a great price, but dont know if I should sell it or send it in to get slabbed. Also I came upon about 7 brave and the bold whitman variants ? Are these rare, hard to find. Ive read about them, but rarely seen for sale. Sorry if im posting in the wrong spot if its not im sure someone will feel free to correct me.

note* dont know how to post pictures of scans or photos. The hulk is never read. Just bagged and boarded

welcome to the boards.

My advice on the Grey Hulk variant is to only get it graded if you think it will get a 9.8 as that will yield the highest return. If you get a 9.6 or a 9.4 it might not be worth it if you want to try and sell it.

I don't know anything about the Brave and the Bold

Well im getting my first batch ready to go to cgc. I plan to send 13 this time and 10 every other week or month depending on finances. I wouldnt know how to tell if it can geta 9.8 it looks totally untouched, cover is not off center/miscut. It may have a chance. And I may have some of the caps your looking for ungraded

either use www.Photobucket.com or use the Board's hosting feature (max 200k file size).

When you Reply to a post, look for the "File Manager" link directly below the post area. Click it. Then Browse for a file, hit "add" then "Done adding files." If you've done it correctly, the parenthetical next to File manager should read (Total Files: 1).

I have a varaint copy of incredible hulk 100, the grey incentive cover. I bought it at a great price, but dont know if I should sell it or send it in to get slabbed. Also I came upon about 7 brave and the bold whitman variants ? Are these rare, hard to find. Ive read about them, but rarely seen for sale. Sorry if im posting in the wrong spot if its not im sure someone will feel free to correct me.

note* dont know how to post pictures of scans or photos. The hulk is never read. Just bagged and boarded

I'm an avid Whitman collector. None of the B&B Whitmans are terribly rare, but a few fall into the pretty hard to find category. Which issues do you have? I'll give you my opinion based on what you have.

Of course, PM me if you want to sell. :luhv: Or PM me if you want to buy any DC Whitmans too, I have lots of duplicates. :devil:

Im not great at decision making. I watched the hulk copy sell for 87.00 on ebay plus shipping. But if it turns to be a 9.8 it would go for much more but I think the 9.6 grade would hurt the sale. And I was just curious to the rarity of the B&B issues. One of them is the 150th issue in really nice shape, and two are with the unkown soldier both probably in the 8.5 plus category

One of them is the 150th issue in really nice shape, and two are with the unkown soldier both probably in the 8.5 plus category

The Unknown Soldier issue is fairly common, about a 2 on a 1 to 5 scale of rarity. I'd give the 150 issue the same rating, but it's a little harder to find in grade. What other issues do you have?