• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody collect SS PLODs??

14 posts in this topic

So I got my subs back today, and SURPRISE!!:

SM1071.jpg

:pullhair:

SM1070.jpg

:frustrated:

Yea, this is much better :makepoint:

What really sucks is I bought the books a year and a half ago from the same eBay dealer and they have great feedback! Goes to show, you still can't tell even with 100% :censored:

Dont beat yourself up they are Slight Professional restorations with color touch. Unless its pointed out to you it is nearly imppossible to know. Both of my books that came back restored were in this category. On my books it was a small color touch near the staples and hardly bigger then the tip of a nail.

I sent an email to the seller, cant wait for a response

Would CGC give me the color touch location on the book? Do they keep record of it?

I wouldn't let that bother me in the least. The "resto" is a tiny bit of ink added to the cover. The signatures are a significant amount of ink added to the cover. They are still awesome and the purple label does not make them less so. Enjoy your sweet SS!

You want them? Ill sell them both for $80, which is about $50 less than what I totally paid for them :makepoint:

At least you have a decent Trimpe signed book from me ;)

(thumbs u