• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #46....

45 posts in this topic

Yes a good point, that never even crossed my mind. We need more Zombie killing in the book. The last few issues are people killing people.

We need another gymnasium to clean up...of course with Tyreese gone and Rick one-handed...it could get pretty interesting. :cool:

I just know that...looking at the cover to the next issue...

If Rick's wife and baby daughter get it....fans are going to loose their effin' minds.

I personally don't see Lori or the baby getting killed....That would be NUTS, but very interesting to watch!!! :headbang:

Well, if you guys are looking for some baby killing action (being eaten by zombies, to be exact), check out Xxxombies #3! It has one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever seen in a comic :o

But I loved it :headbang:

I just know that...looking at the cover to the next issue...

If Rick's wife and baby daughter get it....fans are going to loose their effin' minds.

the problem for me is that is kirkman kills rick and/or lori, i will not be able to believe that carl would become a functioning adult. he needs his parents, esp in this world (at least right now at his age. later , when he's older, it would be different). next issue i hope kirkman has michhone kill the governor. it's time. his character is beginning to jump the shark. the next arc should revolve around everyone leaving the prison and setting off on an adventure around the country to find out what happened, and to find other survivors. death and mayhem aren't the only things to write about, nor are they the only things that would happen

I'm not sure they're not gone from the prison soon given the cover to 47. The busted fence looks like the tank went through.

Side note: I got trade 7 on Sat. Read it that day. Went to the LCS and got 43-46. Read them today. Now I have to wait like the rest of you. I had been purposefully not getting 7 b/c I knew this would happen. So addictive.

I'm not sure they're not gone from the prison soon given the cover to 47. The busted fence looks like the tank went through.

Side note: I got trade 7 on Sat. Read it that day. Went to the LCS and got 43-46. Read them today. Now I have to wait like the rest of you. I had been purposefully not getting 7 b/c I knew this would happen. So addictive.

Well, new issue this week hopefully! :wishluck:

Welcome to the monthly (sometimes longer) torture wait! :headbang:

After this arc is done they WILL be leaving the prison. That much I know I'm sure of. After the quick-paced introduction of the series I'm kinda sad that they have been there for 75% of the series thus far.

I agree with Hawkman that said death shouldn't be the only thing to write about. Killing off characters is cool, but will not sustain the book long term. He definitely needs to start branching out in a new way...soon. I'd even be open with a new artist to signify the change.

There's so much depth that could've been explored in the characters--and to be honest...mini flash-backs with some of these characters to show how they ended up to where they are now would be a good move imho. I was kinda hoping for that in the campfire scene while they were in the woods...that could've been an issue alone. The Gov' has been painted as a very one dimensional person...sadistic. Maybe that's all he is, but I hope future characters have more complexity/depth. Sometimes your enemy is cloaked well enough that you can't see it...till its too late.

After this arc is done they WILL be leaving the prison. That much I know I'm sure of. After the quick-paced introduction of the series I'm kinda sad that they have been there for 75% of the series thus far.

I agree with Hawkman that said death shouldn't be the only thing to write about. Killing off characters is cool, but will not sustain the book long term. He definitely needs to start branching out in a new way...soon. I'd even be open with a new artist to signify the change.

There's so much depth that could've been explored in the characters--and to be honest...mini flash-backs with some of these characters to show how they ended up to where they are now would be a good move imho. I was kinda hoping for that in the campfire scene while they were in the woods...that could've been an issue alone. The Gov' has been painted as a very one dimensional person...sadistic. Maybe that's all he is, but I hope future characters have more complexity/depth. Sometimes your enemy is cloaked well enough that you can't see it...till its too late.

Sounds like we need a character that *may* know something about how the zombies came about.... say, someone claiming to be a scientist or a political figure...

Or maybe some foreign team that says that this is only happening in the US...

hm

It may just be me but it seems (since it started taking Kirkman 8 months to release an issue, around #33) that the series really has seemed to jump the tracks.

My theory is that around the time he started Marvel Zombies (1st run) he was writing issue #31-32 maybe. The big bucks came and got him for Zombies and he probably made more money off that series than he did for the whole Walking Dead (up to that point)

He ventures off course with WD and does Zombies. Of which, he gets signed on for another series with them. At this time he would be doing Invincible/WD and MZ.

So, Walking Dead is a victim as is Invincible (still not on track). It just seem's that the issues of Walking Dead prior to Marvel Zombies was on pace and fast and on time. After Zombies it just seemed to be slow, and stagnant (stuck in prison for an eternity)

It seems to me that the last year of issues are rushed and don't make sense. The killing of main characters (the non killing of govenor (to probably add a story in case Kirkman gets stuck).

It just seems ever since he did Marvel Zombies he might of lost his train of thought on the series and it has not been the "can't wait to read" that it used to be.