• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Letter to Motor City Comics & Their #$%@ Con...

10 posts in this topic

Dear Sirs:

Kurt Busiek has confirmed that he will not be attending your event, was never contacted to even consider coming, and has emailed you several times to be removed from your website and fliers. This info is now being posted and discussed on several comic Internet discussion boards.

Once again, MotorCityCon ("Con" being the operative word here) and Motor City Comics has proven they are minor, bush league organizers. Eventually this Con will dwindle to nothing when more people realize how it is over priced and shoddily run, and will save their money for WizardWorld Chicago.

- D.

The Springtime show is OK, the Fall show (this weekend) sucks. Whenever they advertise a big name, you better not count on it, as 90% of the time they don't show.

That's alright, Chicago and Toronto are only 4 hour drives away! thumbsup2.gif

- D.

I did notice something similar had happened last year with a guest at their fall con, I just can't remember who the big guest was that didn't show.

Sorry to hear about Kurt, as he was one of the reasons why I was excited about going next weekend. I still have to go as I need to go and promote the November Toronto show there.

I gather that this is a common tactic for some promoters. There has certainly been some discussion of this happening at the summer Expo in TO, but it's usually with big-name locals, not someone from out of town. If someone from out of town is on the guest list and is a no-show, it's usually due to personal reasons... not from being promoted without permission.

Kev

Detroit is only four hours from toronto by car?

Sure! I often have meetings up in Missassauga, and can drive up 401 in the morning and make it back by 6 pm if all goes well. The hang up nowadays is Customs at the bridges. Damn terrorists!!! mad.gif

- D.

Wow...

I guess I should feel lucky that Busiek showed up as an unannounced guest at the Portland show on Sunday... He and the current writer of Birds of Prey were both chilling at Mark Waid's table for most of the show... thumbsup2.gif