• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non paying bidder notice filed on Ebay. What happens now?

28 posts in this topic

It is exactly this that I am trying to avoid:

I no longer wish to communicate with or wait for the buyer. With this option, the buyer receives an Unpaid Item strike, the seller receives a Final Value Fee credit, and the item is eligible for a relist credit.

:P .............

Artboy99

Never respond to emails, phishing does happen this way

(tsk)

always check your ebay account for REAL messages, and respond

ONLY through Ebay

this way there is a record

Does Canadian Post have a method to send mail and request a return receipt

With the recipients signature?

If so, that's the way to send money orders

Can they be insured? If so, do it!

2c

As for not accepting Paypal over a certain $ amount, I'd be asking Ebay about that one

My first thought's would be, it's not allowed. (shrug)

Hope this works out for you,

:wishluck:

I feel the same way, Seadevils. If they want maximum profit and refuse to use PayPal, then they can't expect that same "zippy" service for payment. If the buyer has had a previous purchasing relationship with this seller before I would be even more alarmed, as this type of behavior is rather aggressive.

For those who were curious:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150212252636&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

I have heard from the seller and I think everything is ok.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Artboy99

The shipping in the US ($12.00 media mail for 40 books, is horrible)

He can't cancel /say he no longer wants to deal with you, once you have answered, but if you are concerned, contact Ebay...they are very pro buyer this week...he was wrong to tell you that you could not use Paypal. You can send Ebay the seller's message where he said that, from your messages by going down to the bottom of the message and clicking on security.

I found this for you he can also not say that he will only accept payments under a certain amount. He's avoiding Paypal fees.

Search the Help pages (Does not search for items or products)

Tips

PayPal Payments Policy

Sellers who offer PayPal as a payment option in their eBay listings (either via logos or through text in the item description) must accept card funded payments. Sellers must have a Premier or Business PayPal Account or be willing to upgrade from a Personal PayPal Account to a Premier or Business Account upon receipt of a card funded payment. Sellers may not communicate to buyers that they only accept account balance or bank account funded payments, or will not accept card funded payments. eCheck is the only funding source that eBay sellers are allowed to block.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Forfeiture of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Limits on account privileges

Loss of PowerSeller status

Account suspension

Listings Not Allowed:

“I accept PayPal but do not accept credit card payments through PayPal”

“I only accept PayPal if the bid amount is greater than $15”

I had a situation with a coin. The seller did not accept Pay Pal.. I sent a Personal check. The Seller even responded that he had received the check and tat according to his terms it would take 7 days to clear which I knew already.

On the 10th day after the auction ended which is the minimum period the who is in California filed an unpaid item against me I was upset and forwared his E mail to E Bay and the guy apologized and said he , made an error in logging it in etc.

It can take 5-7 days for Mail to go from Florida to California. Dont know where it went to from Canada but it can take several days.