• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

57 posts in this topic

I got beat out before the floor auction started on the one piece I wanted. I big very aggressively based on past pricing. At that price they can more than have that cover.

Taking a guess here: I think that the pricing on the Azrael cover is at the top. I just don't see it going above $700 (with the vig), which is 2 bid increments away. I had an interest in it, the girl loves her Ras Al Ghul, but I was thinking $450.

:eek: That's Borock's cover if anyone really wanted it they probably should have talked to him before he sent it off. I know he has it listed high on CAF but that might have been the not for sale pricing he uses.

I made an offer of cash and trade to him a few months ago and he said he wanted to hold onto it, so I went on with life.

I've won two lots and am leading on a third that I expect to be outbid on, which suits me just fine as I just closed a deal for a much better piece by the same artist...it'll be arriving early next week! :banana:

I will have at least 5 pieces of art on the way in the next couple/few weeks and will post them here as they arrive. :headbang:

Crazy as it is, the 'Little Nemo' Sunday for 21k was a deal. No use of the Nouveau and maybe not as much use of blacks as you would like, but it has a dream dragon!

I agree... watched it go by and thought about how it's possible that this masterpiece from 1909 went for less than some of the 60's Kirby stuff (and I LOVE 60's Kirby) (shrug)

I've won two lots and am leading on a third that I expect to be outbid on, which suits me just fine as I just closed a deal for a much better piece by the same artist...it'll be arriving early next week! :banana:

I will have at least 5 pieces of art on the way in the next couple/few weeks and will post them here as they arrive. :headbang:

Gene you aren't going to have any where to hang all these if you keep buying like this. I can help alleviate this problem if you send me some funds. Thanks.

I was surprised at how high the Wrightson Swamp-Thing panel page went for - nice page, but $11,000+ nice? There were some decent EC covers too, but the reserves seemed a little high. And that Little Nemo in Slumberland Sunday did sell for a very reasonable price.

Bill

It was fun. The Barks painting going for $100,000 was cool. I was surprised at the number of lots that passed. The Schultz' Peanuts strips were insane. You could have bought almost every other piece of art that sold (except the Barks) for the combined total of what the Peanuts pieces went for... all to the same buyer I believe.

Haven't you heard there's an asset bubble going on, and prices of all investment collectibles are going to be c.r.a.s.h-ing soon. :gossip:

Haven't you heard there's an asset bubble going on, and prices of all investment collectibles are going to be c.r.a.s.h-ing soon. :gossip:

That would be great. Maybe I could actually afford things then.

"Investment collectibles"? What are those? I thought I was just buying some decorations to fill up the empty wall space in my apartment. :baiting: