• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Word From The MH Temple Mount...

64 posts in this topic

Latest newsletter nonsense...

While everything that I have just stated is completely true, I do have to admit that it makes me personally somewhat uncomfortable to have to stand on a pedestal and shout about our talents our into the four winds. The fact remains, however, that as the leader of a great team of 40 people who have merged their considerable talents together at Mile High Comics, every once in a while I need to overcome my personal reservations and simply state the truth: when it comes to helping you with building your comics collection, we are your very best option in the entire world. That's precisely why I'll be ending this newsletter now, and heading off to buy even more great comics. Simply put, staying as the very best in any area of endeavor requires never resting on your laurels, and always realizing that you have to be dedicated to working continuously to meet the needs of your clients. You are the person that I am working for today, and I do hope very much that, in some small way, that I ultimately able to someday make your life just a little bit happier.

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Jim

Latest newsletter nonsense...

While everything that I have just stated is completely true, I do have to admit that it makes me personally somewhat uncomfortable to have to stand on a pedestal and shout about our talents our into the four winds. The fact remains, however, that as the leader of a great team of 40 people who have merged their considerable talents together at Mile High Comics, every once in a while I need to overcome my personal reservations and simply state the truth: when it comes to selling you a VG comic as VF/NM while simultaneously marking it up 8x its actual value and then having a half off sale, we are your very best option in the entire world. That's precisely why I'll be ending this newsletter now, and heading off to buy even more great comics. Simply put, staying as the very best in any area of endeavor requires never resting on your laurels, and always realizing that you have to be dedicated to working continuously to meet the needs of your clients. You are the person that I am working for today, and I do hope very much that, in some small way, that I ultimately able to someday make your life just a little bit happier.

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Jim

I fixed that for Chuck. :whistle:

This joke isn't funny anymore. Chuck has truly gone off the deep end now, what with this and his previous puff-piece about how his customer service has never received any complaints, ever, and that his grading is second to none.

I could put up with his lunacy about how he's saved the industry time and again, but this is beyond the pale.

This truly does cross the sanity line. And the next time I see Chuck, I am actually going to say something. Since he appears at these local shows etc., I'm sure I'll get the chance. Then there will be no more of this, I've never received complaints about grading etc.

Then again, is there anyone who really takes this seriously? It's sort of like the Chinese takeout that calls themselves "best food in town".

This joke isn't funny anymore. Chuck has truly gone off the deep end now, what with this and his previous puff-piece about how his customer service has never received any complaints, ever, and that his grading is second to none.

I could put up with his lunacy about how he's saved the industry time and again, but this is beyond the pale.

You're right...I think he finally has fallen off the deep end. What used to be entertaining fluff pieces are turning into seeing the continuing breakdown of a delusional man. It's getting kinda sad to read to be honest...

Jim

I could probably live with his insanity if he'd sell me the Church Spirit run at his cost.

Since that's not happening, he needs a straight jacket regarding his twist on reality.

I still recall the VG- Silver Surfer #3 that I bought as a VF/NM when I was around 13 years old. I didn't even know that I could return his overgraded Krap back then living in Alaska, so I chalked it up to experience. That was 27 years ago. I wonder how many other young collectors he's dis-illusioned in his years of "dealing" out the best service and products.

This truly does cross the sanity line. And the next time I see Chuck, I am actually going to say something. Since he appears at these local shows etc., I'm sure I'll get the chance. Then there will be no more of this, I've never received complaints about grading etc.

Then again, is there anyone who really takes this seriously? It's sort of like the Chinese takeout that calls themselves "best food in town".

Or the best cup of coffee

Truth be told I am still trying to figure out how much of his act was born from shrewd sales tactics, to how much it has devolved from ingesting too much hippie lettuce. Then again, here we are talking about it, and I imagine there is a percentage of people that actually buy into the whole thing, partly because they want to believe.

I dunno, I kinda look at it as a form of weekly entertainment now. I keep expecting him to top himself, and he never fails to deliver.

and that his grading is second to none.

That would be Joe None. Chuck hired him after he was fired from PGX for overgrading.

(Off topic for this thread: I cracked my one and only PGX book this afternoon.

Then I read it. :o )