• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to sell my collection in one shot...without getting raped on it.

123 posts in this topic

Well , I should hope that he was able to "get away" with getting some books sold via PM!..Sounds like a serious situation that he's in

Agreed, but I just prefer when people are upfront about it, rather than all the passive-aggressive behavior, skulking around and double-speak.

If the OP had said:

"I am in a dire financial situation and need to sell my comics ASAP. I will be offering a list of books and accepting offers via PM - I know this is slightly OT for General, but I hope you understand."

You would not have heard one peep from me, and I bet none of the others who piped in would have said anything either.

Just say what you mean, and mean what you say.

It's a good thing JC's back in full force, as I was getting tired of towing the line (or is it toeing the line?) around here . . . :grin: (thumbs u :applause:

btw, good luck B-OSS - I'd drop mcmiles a note if I were you. hm

I imagine most of the major keys have already been picked via PM

No joke - even I mistakenly got a PM to buy books, just because I'd been posting in the thread. I can't imagine how many the OP got with this ploy.

I bought his Action #1 for $5 :cloud9:

I actually have not sold a single book from this collection yet (Aside from an ASM #1 that I sold to Macman, a deal that was in process 3 months ago, and had nothing to do with this thread)

Thanks again to everyone for their advice. I am working on the list of the entire collection as we speak. Once I have it in front of me, I am going to decide if it would be best to sell the whole collection at once, or sell the moderns in a lot (on Ebay or see if there is any interest on the board) and piece the rest out.

Best regards to everyone, I appreciate all the kind people on this board.

Andrew