• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to sell my collection in one shot...without getting raped on it.

123 posts in this topic

Right about now I'd like to hit the guy that started the "Come back Joe_Collector... " thread square in the face with the crusted ends of some breadstick arms :makepoint:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and then reality settles in to smack the out of you. :P

There really shouldn't be any list posted here, as telling everyone all of the books that you own, then inviting PM's, will not tell you the best way to sell your collection (without getting raped). This will only generate possible sales of your books, and that should ultimately be done in the Marketplace as JC so kindly mentioned.

My 2c

Andy

You might want to list it on Ebay as a featured auction...break it up into 2 or 3 lots (depending on the amount of keys)

Sprinkle them in, be honest and just let it fly...dealers and collectors will be looking..and sometimes those mixed lots astound me, they go for much more than I would ever expect....It's work, someone else here mentioned that you would need to give all the information, but less work than sell ing them separately, and as Dale mentioned with a dealer, a lot will do better with your keys sprinkled in...in an auction...You can post it on the Ebay thread, and I'm sure you would get a lot of interest from silver age collectors.

Don't make the lots TOO expensive, you will knock out too many potential bidders.

I would call the dealer he suggested first, it might save you some aggravation..and listing fees.

Best of luck! Sorry you are having a problem. :wishluck:

Count , .."'The hugs"......I dunno , sometimes lightens the tension ? (shrug) (shrug).......It worked on DIVAD once upon a time when I 1st got here , and then he wasn't so grumpy.......I know it sounds a little gay , .....but SHEEEESH it's better than dealing w/ some of the stuff that gets out of hand here ?......BH.... :)

There really shouldn't be any list posted here, as telling everyone all of the books that you own, then inviting PM's, will not tell you the best way to sell your collection (without getting raped). This will only generate possible sales of your books, and that should ultimately be done in the Marketplace as JC so kindly mentioned.

My 2c

Andy

Yep. Maybe one shouldn't blame the intent if it is innocent, but it isn't hard to predict or see how such a posting will solicit private offers.

First, If you really need to sell because of life. Don't sweat it. Life will change agian and more comics will come around. It happened to me once, as I'm sure it has many.

Every once in a while I'll watch the collections that are ebay. A lot of the final bids are astounding. It is a good possiblity that you would realize more for the collection as a whole on ebay than from "dealers" The ebay mentallity is to take risks, to gamble. A lot of "wanna be" dealers are out there that don't get the oppurtunity to bid on collections often, and they will get enthralled with the idea having those big books and bid pretty high.

Publicize the collection as much as you can and take as many offers as you can to get the best price. To abide by board rules and avoid the board police, I would probably put together a listing for the collection on ebay and post it in the dealer/ebay sales thread. Belive me, I am sure the offers will find you.

When you are ready to sell and if you are taking offers, I would like the opputunity to bid.

I imagine most of the major keys have already been picked via PM

No joke - even I mistakenly got a PM to buy books, just because I'd been posting in the thread. I can't imagine how many the OP got with this ploy.

First, If you really need to sell because of life. Don't sweat it. Life will change agian and more comics will come around. It happened to me once, as I'm sure it has many.

Every once in a while I'll watch the collections that are ebay. A lot of the final bids are astounding. It is a good possiblity that you would realize more for the collection as a whole on ebay than from "dealers" The ebay mentallity is to take risks, to gamble. A lot of "wanna be" dealers are out there that don't get the oppurtunity to bid on collections often, and they will get enthralled with the idea having those big books and bid pretty high.

Publicize the collection as much as you can and take as many offers as you can to get the best price. To abide by board rules and avoid the board police, I would probably put together a listing for the collection on ebay and post it in the dealer/ebay sales thread. Belive me, I am sure the offers will find you.

When you are ready to sell and if you are taking offers, I would like the opputunity to bid.

Class Act that Mr. MCMiles!

Class Act that Mr. MCMiles!

I'll agree to that! (thumbs u

Well , I should hope that he was able to "get away" with getting some books sold via PM!..Sounds like a serious situation that he's in , and I hope this has been beneficial for him and was able to unload some stuff , w/out spending two weeks scaning , listing and typing , only to get raped.

Good for him.......Didn't hurt me!...and I don't see the Mods crying about it........ :gossip:...........later....BH....

Well , I should hope that he was able to "get away" with getting some books sold via PM!..Sounds like a serious situation that he's in

Agreed, but I just prefer when people are upfront about it, rather than all the passive-aggressive behavior, skulking around and double-speak.

If the OP had said:

"I am in a dire financial situation and need to sell my comics ASAP. I will be offering a list of books and accepting offers via PM - I know this is slightly OT for General, but I hope you understand."

You would not have heard one peep from me, and I bet none of the others who piped in would have said anything either.

Just say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Well ,It's just semantics , and I think we are just splitting hairs now.Some may not communicates as efficiently and eloquently as others.

As a matter of fact , since you got back , you seem to stay on topic and have a valid point that you have portrayed clearly , w/out personal attacks (thumbs u (thumbs u...but your still beat-in' on a dead horse.. (shrug) (shrug).....Bh...

No harm , no foul.