• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World Shipping Costs

14 posts in this topic

What's the most you've been charged for shipping?

I bought a laserdisc (about the same as a music record in size and weight) from Oslo Norway and was charged $21.00 just for shipping. WTF! I've been charged much more for heavier stuff but wow that sure caught me of guard.

I recently bought a CGC book from PCE and he charged me $15.00 for shipping. The worst part is I live in the same city, and he refused to let me pick up the book. He also refused to lower the shipping, then when I get the package the postage was about $5.60.

Still kinda mad at that. 893frustrated.gif

What's the most you've been charged for shipping?

I bought a laserdisc (about the same as a music record in size and weight) from Oslo Norway and was charged $21.00 just for shipping. WTF! I've been charged much more for heavier stuff but wow that sure caught me of guard.

So what was the laserdisc of? (I still have several, including Kate Bush and ABBA)

Its the rare Singapore import of Army of Darkness. Its yet another slightly different version of the movie. I had to finish off my LD collection.

For those who care, the best version by far is the region 3 MGM DVD For picture and extras its way better than any US version.

From the USA:

Global Priority:

Small envelope (6x10") = $4 Canada $5 anywhere else

Large envelope (9.5x12.5") = $7 Canada $9 anywhere else

The Post Office provides free envelopes! No handling fees! 893naughty-thumb.gif

=================================================

Oh wait you are in the USA and was getting a package from overseas... foreheadslap.gif

Can't help you there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Its the rare Singapore import of Army of Darkness. Its yet another slightly different version of the movie. I had to finish off my LD collection.

Now that's worth the high shipping charge! I've HEARD of this but never seen it. Groovy wink.gif!

thumbsup2.gif

Well a reverse situation this week a winner of one of my auctions paid $3.00 for two miracleman books but going to UK global priority mail is $9.00 more (offered surface at half but wanted faster). Nothing like someone paying 4 times the auction total to get their books..... smirk.gif