• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too early to talk Motor City Comic Con?

54 posts in this topic

Roy: This one is a bring the whole family kind of show. It's cheap, not a superlong drive for the children and they get to do their favourite thing in the whole world...stay in a hotel :) Everybody had a blast last year and it is a good buying show with a lot of the bigger dealers setting up.

Jim

I'm puzzled with Motor City. I sent in info about 3 weeks ago to tell them I'd be willing to volunteer. I called after it had been a week of no response and was told they were interested as I was older (i.e. not a kid - maybe more responsible? lol ) and took my phone number down again. Still no response.

It's no big deal as it will enable me to just go on 1 day (Probably Sunday) and buy things. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see if they still need help or if they're all full.

I called today and said if they still needed me I'd volunteer. They said they did need me from Noon til 6 on Saturday. Hopefully, it's more organized when I get there. lol

It should be fun though. It's something I would normally not do but I figure it's worth a go. Hopefully I can meet you, Pirate, and some of the others. I figure I'll come back on Sunday to do the bulk of my purchases. Prior to next weekend, I need to make a sort of gameplan as to what I'm seeking as my "main" book this time. I figure to spend about half of my money on one of my "grails".