• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 2 day show in Columbus, Ohio this October: anyone have any insights?

11 posts in this topic

I just found this while looking at the Comic Convention site:

The First Annual Ohio Comic Con is scheduled for October 25 & 26, 2008 at the Veterans Memorial in Columbus, Ohio with a special VIP preview on Friday, October 24 from 5-7pm.

This is run by someone name Jamie, and I did get an initial opinion from a fellow dealer friend that these folks are worth looking into. They have a website at www.ohiocomiccon.net, and they're already lining up some guests.

They've supposedly have done some small shows. Have anyone dealt with them or heard of them?

Well unless they get some comic guests, it will just be your run of the mill comic show that are all over the midwest every weekend. It won't replace mid ohio con if thats the question.

Well unless they get some comic guests, it will just be your run of the mill comic show that are all over the midwest every weekend. It won't replace mid ohio con if thats the question.

Remember, MOC is up for sale this year. It has a real chance of ceasing to exist! :o

I'm a little surprised at the advertised ticket prices for OCC, they are as high as MOC prices! At least being at Vets they will have ample dealer space. But I've been to shows at Vets in the past where admission was just a couple bucks.

For my money I'd rather go to the, as you say, little shows every weekend that are spread across the midwest. I have little interest in shows with high admission prices if all that does is pay for bringing in the guests.

That's why I said they will have to do better than jason mewes to REPLACE mid ohio con which i'm assuming is their goal.

So it appears the MOC is alive and well and will be held in early October. Now I hear that this new comic con that was slated for late October is NOT going to be held. I think this new con's promoters are going to try instead to throw their weight behind the MOC that is under new ownership.

What else has anyone heard?

I've haven't heard about this new con not going on as scheduled. The husband/wife duo that own Pakrat Comics are nice, but I don't really see this new show taking off as anything other than a typical one day con held on two consecutive days. I don't know that it would be worth the admission to most people.

I'm all for more cons and comics in central Ohio, so good luck to them!

I wouldn't mind there being two but the new one that has guest of honor jason mewes has no chance at a 2 day unless they up the guests or have a setup like gem city con.