• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0% consignment fees on Quality Comix - Scoop Article

46 posts in this topic

Just listed some junk.

Thanks Brent :headbang:

Now approve my ability to sell some raw junk :sumo:

Learn how to grade first :baiting:.......remember, I bought a few books from you in the last VCC and they have done terribly on consingment at my LCS. I was only able to get $80 for the Laurel and Hardy #1. :applause:

:(

BTW, the owner has graded and priced out the Captain Savage #1 as a NM book for a client who is going to pick it up on the weekend....... :baiting:

Typical of your area. Bunch of dorks buying overgraded junk. Not surprised because unfortunately, I've been to the wasteland once for a con. Boy were there a bunch of overgraded drek. :whistle:

:cry:

Sucker :roflmao:

Just listed some junk.

Learn how to grade first :baiting:.......remember, I bought a few books from you in the last VCC and they have done terribly on consingment at my LCS. I was only able to get $80 for the Laurel and Hardy #1. :applause:

BTW, the owner has graded and priced out the Captain Savage #1 as a NM book for a client who is going to pick it up on the weekend....... :baiting:

Typical of your area. Bunch of dorks buying overgraded junk. Not surprised because unfortunately, I've been to the wasteland once for a con. Boy were there a bunch of overgraded drek. :whistle:

I don't buy books in Edmonton any more. (shrug)

Just listed some junk.

I don't buy books in Edmonton any more. (shrug)

:sorry:

brent,

What are your rules regarding exclusivity? I imagine one's uploaded comic for a specific auction event must be exclusive, but what about an upload for your online Catalog listing?

i.e. Is it OK to list one's comic on another website as long as the asking price is not lower than the asking price on Quality Comix site? hm

No exclusivity restrictions on catalog uploads. I don't see why the asking price would be lower anywhere else with a 0% commission, but I have no pricing requirements in comparison to any other sites.

This is very interesting!

Won't it create an awful lot of work for you? Receiving sold items and forwarding them on? I know I get sick of packing and posting when I sell just a few items on ebay.

Do you think it will be practical for UK based folk like me to list and sell on your site? hm

Yes, it will create extra work. It will also create more business relationships to new customers and new consignors.

It is practical for UK sellers if you sell higher dollar books ie above 300. You only ship the books when they sell, so just factor that in to your listing price.

Just listed some junk.

You're now approved against my better judgement. :baiting:

On my blog, I had indicated that raw books would also be 0%. I have modified the blog post because that's just not practical since I have the additional steps of checking for restoration and confirming the grade is accurate. For raw books, here are our conisgnment fees, which are still very reasonable:

$1 - $49 = $5.00

$50 - $99 - 10%

$100 - $499 = 9%

$500 - $999 = 8%

$1,000 - $4,999 = 7%

$5,000 - $9,999 = 6%

$10,000+ = 5%

brent,

Could u add a keyword search function (e.g. Cgc or 9.0 up) to your home page?

Thanks for the feedback. That is something we may consider down the road. On our catalog search, we have all of that search functionality already. Space is at a premium on the home page, but that is something we may consider down the road.

Thanks again for the feedback. (thumbs u

Just listed some junk.

No, just people with so much disposable income that they can afford to spend without worrying about it! :devil: How man collectors between the ages of 18 - 25 do you know of that start out making $80K+ with their first job? (thumbs u

Seriously, though, I am glad it is the LCS grading and setting the prices instead of me.......I kept the same grades as you (too lazy to regrade) and just priced them at guide for the consignment form. Lucky for me they know their clients! lol

In any case, keep the cheap high grade books coming at the next VCC! :devil:

Alberta, Canada. If you are a skilled tradesperson you are worth your weight in gold. Hell, as long as you can drive a truck on a jobsite you can probably pull in $60K+ per year CDN.

When I graduated from high school in 1993 I chose the university route, some of my classmates went directly into the oilpatch/pipeline crews making $60K+ per year. Asides from the crappy worklife and frequently resulting drug/alcohol addiction, that's not a bad way for an 18 year-old to start off in life.

Thanks guys and girls. :)

I'll be posting a reprint of my newsletter here tomorrow when I have time.

More than half of the 135 books have no reserve at all, including 95% of the war books. Lots of nice Marvel silver age keys to choose from too. Just a really nice selection overall.

Here's the link: http://www.qualitycomix.com/auctions.php

Brent

Dang, she's hot! :insane:

Are you talking about the Tiger, Elephant or the girl in the jungle

suit? (shrug)

:foryou:

The babe who has the elephant in bondage. :baiting:

Thanks guys and girls. :)

I'll be posting a reprint of my newsletter here tomorrow when I have time.

More than half of the 135 books have no reserve at all, including 95% of the war books. Lots of nice Marvel silver age keys to choose from too. Just a really nice selection overall.

Here's the link: http://www.qualitycomix.com/auctions.php

Brent

Bids placed (thumbs u