• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tape pull on cover..then placed back on book.....SHOWCASE 4

25 posts in this topic

Even though the barn door's closed and the animals are long gone, I agree with everyone who said to leave the tape off to minimize future damage to the book...

On the bright side, you can tell people you have the ultra-rare "astest Man Alive!" variant? :)

Regardless of grade, Showcase 4 is a sweet book...

Another reason to hate dealers. Someone with any ethical standards would have made some overture to rectify his mistake. When it comes to key and high grade books always go with a book that is CGC graded already since the CGC grade will be lower than what the dealer is telling you after it is graded. You know exactly what you are getting for your money. I have a Amazing Spider-Man 1 (CGC blue label 6.5). The book has a couple of very tiny pieces of tape on the inside front cover and had already been graded by CGC when I bought it. I think you could go either way since the book looks like it has a lot of wear already. Lower grade keys tend to sell pretty well since who can afford the high grade keys.

thanks...book got a 2.5 blue...bought for$997....sold 3 weeks later for$1700..gpa high....it did its job....$ in the bank tword a mid+ grade af#15....

Congrats on the sale...nice return on your investment! (thumbs u