• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(as per request) How about a magazine appreciation thread....

152 posts in this topic

Corben... (worship)(worship)(worship)

I put him right up there with Wrightson as far as horror artists go, IMO. :eek:

I love Corben but his work as compared to Wrigthson's pen and inks in the horror genre are unsurpassed. I'd go as far as to say his(Berni) work on Frankenstein was among the best pen and ink illustration of the last century (if not the best).

The effort supposedly drained so much energy from him that he has never been able to return to his form he captured at that time. Or so Iv'e heard. Makes for a good blurb anyways.

I agree, Wrightson Frankenstein is tops. (worship)

By "right up there" I suppose I mean I have a short list of horror comics artists who I think are the best, and Corben is on it along with BW.

Picked both these comic magazines up for a $1cdn each. Hulk is alright and has by the looks of it the first iron man suit but I really like The Land That Time Forgot Magazine which has some nice comic artwork inside along with some movie shots.

rhulk8.jpg

dinomag.jpg

Now I have 3 Comic magazines in my collection lol which includes that ninja one I showed earlier.

ninja.jpg