• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 500 *no spoilers*

23 posts in this topic

Just finished reading it... I was pretty darn pleased...

Much more satisfying than I expected it to be. Really left me with a nice warm feeling. smile.gif

Art was quite good, with the exception of one villain, who seemed a little rushed. But other than that it was just what I was looking for from the book.

Five of my customers have read it so far and all five (including two who don't currently read Spidey) recommend it. thumbsup2.gif

Just finished reading it... I was pretty darn pleased...

Much more satisfying than I expected it to be. Really left me with a nice warm feeling. smile.gif

Art was quite good, with the exception of one villain, who seemed a little rushed. But other than that it was just what I was looking for from the book.

Five of my customers have read it so far and all five (including two who don't currently read Spidey) recommend it. thumbsup2.gif

It was out or was it the preview!!!?

Much more satisfying than I expected it to be. Really left me with a nice warm feeling.

I hope it's as good as you say, because the ASM series has sucked big 893censored-thumb.gif for more than a year now. If #500 doesn't show a meaningful improvement, I think I'm going to have to finally drop this POS...

Gene

Uncle Ben comes back to life?

Yep... that's what happens alright... Uncle Ben comes back to life. Peter saves Gwen. Venom never existed. And Electro takes his rightful place as Spidey's arch-nemesis...

That's pretty much the whole issue...

Oh, and most importantly, there is no indication anywhere on the book that there was ever a volume 2. Even the UPC code says it's issue 500... thumbsup2.gif

Interesting. So is the Marvel renumbering going to kill the demand for the Volume 2 or 3 titles that started with issue #1? Are they continuing the storylines from these runs into the new high numbered issues? Any thoughts?

What an awesome cover. Did Campbell do the cover and Romita Sr and Jr did the pencilling?

Yes, although it's a lot more Jr than Sr... I got the sense that Sr did some roughs on a few pages and let Jr handle the finishes... There are three pages that look like Sr spent a good deal more time on them, but it definitely looks more like Jr's work throughout...

Too bad Campbell went exclusive with DC...I would have loved to see a full book with Campbell art. JR JR is OK, but I love Campbell's Spidey.

I've got tons of Cliffhanger's Danger Girl to sell you then smile.gif campbell has a nice curvy line for females...

The Yankees are going back to the World Series, baby!!

That maybe true...but are Arsenal going to be heading for Champions League glory? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Er, I don't think so. tongue.gif (Gene feel free to insert various well derserved Spurs are rubbish type comments at this point. blush.gifgrin.gif)

The Yankees are going back to the World Series, baby!!

That maybe true...but are Arsenal going to be heading for Champions League glory? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Er, I don't think so. tongue.gif (Gene feel free to insert various well derserved Spurs are rubbish type comments at this point. blush.gifgrin.gif)

First they have to get past Inter ... doh.gif which I believe they won't..