• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

:hail: Man, what a sweet run of Batmans!

How come the #245 got a green label but the signed #251 didn't? :shrug:

They don't (CGC) recognize sigs unless they are witnessed actually by a CGC official , and treat it as "writing on the cover" , ....or somthin like that ................. :P.... :P

crappy explanation hooks :P

They probably thought the 245 was a 9.0 expect for a major defect.

If that were the case, they would have listed the defect on the label. It makes no sense that one is green and one is blue.

They don't (CGC) recognize sigs unless they are witnessed actually by a CGC official , and treat it as "writing on the cover" , ....or somthin like that ................. :P.... :P

crappy explanation hooks :P

They probably thought the 245 was a 9.0 expect for a major defect.

I think I lucked out with with the blue label on the signed #251, but I am not going to complain about it!

These two were bought from Mike/drbanner and there was an ad in the back of each mylar for a signing at Mid-Town comics (can't remember the date).

Two possible explanations;

It's a mistake, and should be in a GLOD;

or

a Blue label was requested by the submitter, and the grade was knocked down accordingly for the flaw.

I dropped by Fedex yesterday morning after my week in San Diego and I had two boxes waiting for me:

Detective395.jpg

Group 1: 30 Value Fasttrack Submissions

:takeit: Really, I will! lol

Nice book.

Edited by mjacobs8

or

a Blue label was requested by the submitter, and the grade was knocked down accordingly for the flaw.

I didn't realize the submitter had an option; I thought if a book is signed--not under the umbrella of the Signature Series--that it automatically received the green label. :shrug:

:/It's a mistake, and should be in a GLOD;

or

I didn't realize the submitter had an option; I thought if a book is signed--not under the umbrella of the Signature Series--that it automatically received the green

label. :shrug:

Dunno ? , ...Think it has somethin' to do with how hard it's raining when the umbrella is in use ??...........................................

I have received a message from CGC and the signed #251 should have been given a GLOD as well. I will probably send it in for relabelling with my next submission.

:/It's a mistake, and should be in a GLOD;

or

I didn't realize the submitter had an option; I thought if a book is signed--not under the umbrella of the Signature Series--that it automatically received the green

label. :shrug:

Dunno ? , ...Think it has somethin' to do with how hard it's raining when the umbrella is in use ??...........................................

:kidaround:

or

I didn't realize the submitter had an option; I thought if a book is signed--not under the umbrella of the Signature Series--that it automatically received the green label. :shrug:

It's one of those "off the menu" thingies.

At least, it was at one point. I don't know if it's still kosher or not, but I have heard of people requesting a Blue label when there was a defect - such as a popped staple - on an otherwise HG book that would normally go into a Green Label slab

or

At least, it was at one point. I don't know if it's still kosher or not, but I have heard of people requesting a Blue label when there was a defect - such as a popped staple - on an otherwise HG book that would normally go into a Green Label slab

:think:

or

:think:

Yep, when I submit something I think may get a qualified label, such as a signature or something loose, I always ask for Universal labels and lower grades rather than qualified labels and higher grades.