• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

Indulge me if you don't mind...my first submission to CGC was back in 2005 when I submitted my ASM #1. Because of a financial crunch back in '99, I "sold" it to my dad with the understanding that he would keep it (and 39 other ASMs below #100) until I bought them back--and he would freeze them at '99 Guide values. So although he's still in possession of it (:laugh:), he let me send it off. It came back a blue label, 1.0 (OWW). The cover is detached and a 3/4" lrc triangular piece is missing. It actually presents quite nice for a 1.0 and I grumbled for a bit, knowing it was an easy 1.5, maybe even 2.0. No pics, though, since pops has it back now. :frown:

So, my 2nd ever submission was a couple of months back: I sent in three ASMs that I had graded at 9.2: #54, 56, and 70. I was hoping (:wishluck:) for a 9.4, maybe a 9.6 on at least one of them. I just got them back today. A bad sign was when I signed for them at the door, I turned around to go back in our apartment and tripped over the concrete slab of a porch we have (:doh:); thankfully, the box cushioned my blow. Somehow my sock was soiled with dirt on top of my toes and I skinned my knee up pretty good. The mailman did a good job of acting concerned, but I'm thinking he was trying his best not to crack up. So I go back into the cool of the air-conditioning and tear into the package. :cry::cry: :cry:

The only highlight (:think: not so for PQ folks though): ASM CGC 9.2 (CRM/OW)--blue label. :banana:

ASM #54 9.0 (OW)--PLOD: :cry: slight professional, "very small amount of color touch on cover." :sorry:

ASM #56 9.2 (OW)--PLOD: :cry: slight amateur, "small amount of color touch on cover." :frown:

No pics because I don't have a scanner, and even if I did, sharing this would add to my blues I'm afraid. :think: However, if anyone is interested in either of the PLODs for a great price (:laugh:), PM me with your e-mail and I'll have the wife shoot some pics for me, and I'll send 'em on.

The Meatloaf song title "2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad" does not apply for my PLOD majority this afternoon. :mad:

Edited by cloudofwit

:roflmao:........................................ :roflmao:

Now , go take out ALL that giberish from the start until you get down to the grades and prices .

Then go start a sales thread w/ just that info .

Most don't want to read that much , and nobody cares about all the drama of how you got at this point (except me :/:/)

And shoot them to me , I may take the ASM's .............................BH

:roflmao:........................................ :roflmao:

Now , go take out ALL that giberish from the start until you get down to the grades and prices .

Then go start a sales thread w/ just that info .

Most don't want to read that much , and nobody cares about all the drama of how you got at this point (except me :/:/)

And shoot them to me , I may take the ASM's .............................BH

Many words. :cloud9: Screw the cultural ADD--subscribe to The New Yorker and Atlantic Monthly and suffer. :sumo:

Edited by cloudofwit

Indulge me if you don't mind...my first submission to CGC was back in 2005 when I submitted my ASM #1. Because of a financial crunch back in '99, I "sold" it to my dad with the understanding that he would keep it (and 39 other ASMs below #100) until I bought them back--and he would freeze them at '99 Guide values. So although he's still in possession of it (:laugh:), he let me send it off. It came back a blue label, 1.0 (OWW). The cover is detached and a 3/4" lrc triangular piece is missing. It actually presents quite nice for a 1.0 and I grumbled for a bit, knowing it was an easy 1.5, maybe even 2.0. No pics, though, since pops has it back now. :frown:

So, my 2nd ever submission was a couple of months back: I sent in three ASMs that I had graded at 9.2: #54, 56, and 70. I was hoping (:wishluck:) for a 9.4, maybe a 9.6 on at least one of them. I just got them back today. A bad sign was when I signed for them at the door, I turned around to go back in our apartment and tripped over the concrete slab of a porch we have (:doh:); thankfully, the box cushioned my blow. Somehow my sock was soiled with dirt on top of my toes and I skinned my knee up pretty good. The mailman did a good job of acting concerned, but I'm thinking he was trying his best not to crack up. So I go back into the cool of the air-conditioning and tear into the package. :cry::cry: :cry:

The only highlight (:think: not so for PQ folks though): ASM CGC 9.2 (CRM/OW)--blue label. :banana:

ASM #54 9.0 (OW)--PLOD: :cry: slight professional, "very small amount of color touch on cover." :sorry:

ASM #56 (OW)--PLOD: :cry: slight amateur, "small amount of color touch on cover." :frown:

No pics because I don't have a scanner, and even if I did, sharing this would add to my blues I'm afraid. :think: However, if anyone is interested in either of the PLODs for a great price (:laugh:), PM me with your e-mail and I'll have the wife shoot some pics for me, and I'll send 'em on.

The Meatloaf song title "2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad" does not apply for my PLOD majority this afternoon. :mad:

Sorry man. Getting a PLOD is the worst feeling. Getting 2 out of 3...blows. Did you buy them both from the same person?

What was the grade on the 56? Was it at least a 9.2?

ASM #56 (OW)--PLOD: :cry: slight amateur, "small amount of color touch on cover." :frown:

Sorry man. Getting a PLOD is the worst feeling. Getting 2 out of 3...blows. Did you buy them both from the same person?

Thanks for the empathy. :foryou: I've had them in my personal collection of ASMs since the 1980s. I have no clue where I bought both of them, but either via mail order, at an LCS or a con (now that narrows it down, eh? :laugh:).

The #56 was a 9.2 (slight amateur color touch). Now the rest of what I thought were my HG late Silver Age Spideys I'm going to submit to Matt Nelson; I hear for $3 a pop he'll do a restoration check on them and considering my batting average with today's package, that sounds very kosher!

Thanks for the empathy. :foryou: I've had them in my personal collection of ASMs since the 1980s. I have no clue where I bought both of them, but either via mail order, at an LCS or a con (now that narrows it down, eh? :laugh:).

The #56 was a 9.2 (slight amateur color touch). Now the rest of what I thought were my HG late Silver Age Spideys I'm going to submit to Matt Nelson; I hear for $3 a pop he'll do a restoration check on them and considering my batting average with today's package, that sounds very kosher!

LCS or con , huh ? hmhm...........Check and see what the "con" was in prison for . You find your answer there , young turdhopper .........

Kosher .......?....Quit tryin to use fancy words , we no your not that smart .............. :baiting:

Edited by bhhooks22

LCS or con , huh ? hmhm...........Check and see what the "con" was in prison for . You find your answer there , young turdhopper .........

Kosher .......?....Quit tryin to use fancy words , we no your not that smart .............. :baiting:

Kosher, you know, like the pickles, dill dip! :baiting: