• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,959 posts in this topic

Joey -

You know why it got hammered? Looks better than 7.5 from the scan.

Have not called for the notes yet. It does have more distributor ink on the BC so that may be a factor. Bought it off a well respected forum member who is usually dead balls accurate in his grading.

I bought it because it is a cool steranko cover.

That forum member may have still accurately graded it, maybe the bright Sarasota sun blinded the graders and caused a misgrade. ;)

Joey -

You know why it got hammered? Looks better than 7.5 from the scan.

Have not called for the notes yet. It does have more distributor ink on the BC so that may be a factor. Bought it off a well respected forum member who is usually dead balls accurate in his grading.

I bought it because it is a cool steranko cover.

That forum member may have still accurately graded it, maybe the bright Sarasota sun blinded the graders and caused a misgrade. ;)

It has very little spine damage and 3 razor sharp corners. Maybe rusty staples or the ink or both. Not really sure. I will wait to call because I have books being graded and want them done ASAP.

scan0012-4.jpg

Wow. I have never seen a 7.5 that wasn't a Golden Age book before.

Oh Snapareno :o

You cold hearted Redneck

:signfunny:

Possible impact ding from where the whip is making its "crack." You can see the white mark, unless that's from the scanner.

This is the first book of many to come from a huge spidey collection I purchased. Raw I thought it was 9.2 - 9.4. Many more to come! Will be selling 8.0's and higher in a thread this weekend from this collection :applause:

scan0066.jpg

scan0012-4.jpg

You cold hearted Redneck

Called for the graders notes today and all they had down was some staining on the BC. The only staining on the BC is distributor ink.

scan0012-4.jpg

You cold hearted Redneck

Called for the graders notes today and all they had down was some staining on the BC. The only staining on the BC is distributor ink.

Prove it with a BC scan

You cold hearted Redneck

You got Haspelized!

hm Doesn't quite have the ring of The Haspel Hammer.

scan0012-4.jpg

You cold hearted Redneck

Prove it with a BC scan

I'll post one tonight.

scan0012-4.jpg

You cold hearted Redneck

Prove it with a BC scan

I'll post one tonight.

Seems to me with the ink on the front spine and more on the back, 7.5 isn't unreasonable. Granted CGC generally goes easy on dist ink but it does matter. In a pre cgc world, that stuff was accounted for significantly in grading. And rightly so.

scan0012-4.jpg

You cold hearted Redneck

Prove it with a BC scan

scan0027-2.jpg