• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

As I understand it, a reholder doesn't get regraded unless the damage to the current slab is such that there's a possibility that damage was done to the book. Generally speaking, they just reholder it and give a cursory glance.

A resub goes thru the whole process, resto check, 3 graders, used as a coaster, etc. Resubs are mostly used in an attempt to get a higher grade when the owner disagrees with the one originally received.

I concur with the above. There is also something called a review. You submit your book, in the slab, with payment in the full amount of the next lower tier (no discounts on a review). You are basically asking CGC to review the book in the holder to see if it may warrant a change. They only crack it out if they think it will be justified. They only like to do this on books that were submitted within the first year or so of CGC's existence, when they were still learning the ropes. I never followed through on this submission so I don't know if the submission fee is waived if they do not crack it out.

They only like to do this on books that were submitted within the first year or so of CGC's existence

Can you look up the "date graded" online or something?

if you have the slab #, yes, accounts can look it up and find out when graded

They only like to do this on books that were submitted within the first year or so of CGC's existence

Can you look up the "date graded" online or something?

if you have the slab #, yes, accounts can look it up and find out when graded

So that's a "no"?

If you are a paid member of the Collector's Society, you can look up a slab and get the date it was graded over the Internet.
or ask someone like me, with a dealer account, to do it for you (thumbs u

This just in. I believe it's the only graded black error copy with a UPC code instead of the spidey face.

venom1black_85_upc.jpg

Cool. (thumbs u :applause:

Yeah, my 9.6 copy has the Spidey face on it and not the UPC.

Shark

the new tougher grading regime :screwy:
I've cracked some 9.0s to 9.4 recently and you can't believe the mess that I've been seeing. lol

My LOve books don't count

:baiting:

I didn't crack any of your love books (shrug)