• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,954 posts in this topic

Forgot to include these with the last batch. It's nice to double the census on single digit books.

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

Holy Hoarding Batman! :applause:

Just won this on ebay - I think it's pretty cool!

I loved the cover, and it's my first multiple signed Signature Series CGC (signed by everybody mentioned in the bottom middle, excluding Bendis).

Gabrielle Del'Otto (Cover Artist)

Leinil Yu (Artist)

Mark Morales (Inker)

Laura Martin (Colorist)

85890.jpg.7de88bc090639af08640a32f30efaccd.jpg

Edited by LloydJBailey

I loved the cover, and it's my first multiple signed Signature Series CGC (signed by everybody mentioned in the bottom middle, excluding Bendis).

Leinil Yu (Artist)

Mark Morales (Inker)

Laura Martin (Colorist)

Cool sig book! (thumbs u

Gab always makes cool covers. Can´t wait to see what he has prepaired for October.

Thanks dude :D

Yeah man, I love Gab, I have some of his original art! I'm going to scan it in soon so people can see it properly - It's a Fantastic Four piece - It's great :)

Leinil Yu (Artist)

Mark Morales (Inker)

Laura Martin (Colorist)

Cool sig book! (thumbs u

Gab always makes cool covers. Can´t wait to see what he has prepaired for October.

OK, I have a big newbie question here - what are the requirements for a book to get a 10.0 grade? I see quite a lot of incredible copies coming through here and they're all 9.8. Do they restrict 10's to a set fraction of books they see in immaculate condition, or randomly assign the grade?

OK, I have a big newbie question here - what are the requirements for a book to get a 10.0 grade? I see quite a lot of incredible copies coming through here and they're all 9.8. Do they restrict 10's to a set fraction of books they see in immaculate condition, or randomly assign the grade?

might want to ask that in the grading forum to get a faster answer ..but good question

I heard it best put once that what makes a book a 10 is angel's breath. The 9.8 is the standard NM or Near Mint condition book. A 10 is considered a "gem" and is the pinacle of perfection. Most books won't come off of the printer as a 10.

I heard it best put once that what makes a book a 10 is angel's breath. The 9.8 is the standard NM or Near Mint condition book. A 10 is considered a "gem" and is the pinacle of perfection. Most books won't come off of the printer as a 10.

Well, 9.4 is the standard NM or Near Mint condition. 9.6 is NM+, 9.8 is NM to Mint, and 9.9/10.0 are both Mint. It's impossible to say what separates 9.9s from 10.0s since grading standards are not published... Most books above 9.6 are indistinguishable from each other in most peoples' eyes, anyhow.

Well, 9.4 is the standard NM or Near Mint condition. 9.6 is NM+, 9.8 is NM to Mint, and 9.9/10.0 are both Mint. It's impossible to say what separates 9.9s from 10.0s since grading standards are not published... Most books above 9.6 are indistinguishable from each other in most peoples' eyes, anyhow.

I have submitted several stunning ASM Marvel Collectible Classics (Chromiums) to CGC and some came back 9.6 and some 9.8. I thought that it might be arbitrary on the graders part, but then I did find a faint little spine tic on each of the 9.6s. So, their grading did make sense! Now I have seen some 9.9 books and I cant really tell what makes a 9.9 compared to a 9.8. I guess they must be flawless in every aspect. hm

just getting the news..

001 Showcase 22 9-10/59 D.C. Comics Universal 2.0 CREAM TO OFF-WHITE

002 Showcase 22 9-10/59 D.C. Comics Universal 3.0 OFF-WHITE

003 Showcase 22 9-10/59 D.C. Comics Universal 2.0 CREAM TO OFF-WHITE

004 Showcase 22 9-10/59 D.C. Comics Universal 2.5 LIGHT TAN TO OFF-WHITE

005 Green Lantern 1 7-8/60 D.C. Comics Apparent SA 5.0 OFF-WHITE Restoration includes: small amount of glue on spine of cover. (1 small piece of tape on interior cover.)

006 Batman 227 12/70 D.C. Comics Universal 9.4 WHITE

007 Avengers 1 9/63 Marvel Comics Universal 4.5 OFF-WHITE