• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,959 posts in this topic

then the highest and only graded for this. I love this cover. I could not believe it's never been graded yet....

mie0qc.jpg

I searched high and low for this book. It never seemed to show up on ebay.

Snagged it on a snipe :angel: (thumbs u

That's a full on greytone, and the slab doesn't mention it! How odd!

very nice!

Beautiful Copper Treasures - :cloud9:

0745471_001o.jpg

0745471_002o.jpg

Edited by fingh

<3

If I could figure out how to put in love songs here, I'd do it. If you're interested in selling or trading...

Verrah, verrah nice. That damn #3 is impossible. Yay!

Hubba hubba.. wow

My three "free" subs back after being dropped off at SDCC.

This one picked up from Metropolis as a 9.0. Looks like we all agree. It has a small tear near the top staple that keeps it from grading higher.

House-of-Mystery--27-cgc.jpg

This one's an eBay purchase at a nice price. I have a CGC 7.0 and thought this was as good and has a shot at 7.5. Apparently it is only just as good with slightly better page quality.

Headline-Comics-28-new-cgc.jpg

This one sat on ComicConnect for months and the seller wouldn't budge. I finally couldn't hold out and went ahead and purchased it after failing to find a copy even though I felt I overpaid. It was listed as VG and I agreed it was a very nice VG, but with the hole in the cover expected a 3.5-4.5. I like being wrong.

Detective-118-cgc.jpg

Received this week from CGC. Obviously, a major disappoinment with #1 and a slight one with #3 (a small stain on inside URC; you tell me if it looks worse than #6 ...) but not so with #6.

998163_003.jpg

998163_002.jpg

998163_001.jpg

A small stain will knock a books grade down considerably. Even if it is structurally superior #3 deserves to be downgraded due to the stain. Be thankful it was not a larger stain, you might be looking at a 7.5 or 8.0.

This one sat on ComicConnect for months and the seller wouldn't budge. I finally couldn't hold out and went ahead and purchased it after failing to find a copy even though I felt I overpaid. It was listed as VG and I agreed it was a very nice VG, but with the hole in the cover expected a 3.5-4.5. I like being wrong.

Detective-118-cgc.jpg

so I take it you didn't overpay then.

The Awesome!

I am thrilled with this one. For a silly X-Men variant, this one was much harder to track down and much more costly than I expected. I lost several eBay auctions for raw copies before finally winning this one for $61 from a seller who didn't list the condition (but did say it was NM in an e-mail). I expected a 9.6 so :banana:

X-Men-385-Wizard.jpg

The Good

OK, I should be thrilled, however in my entire collection I own only one 9.9 comic - it happens to be this book. I decided to send in my raw copy anyway because I thought it had a shot at a 10 and no worse than a 9.8 and I could get my money back. Now I have two 9.9s of the same title. Weird.

Transformers-Doubledealer-2.jpg

All are for my personal collection (except for the dupe 9.9) so I do realize that financially some of these make little sense.

The predictable (luckily most of the subs were what was expected)

Happy with this pickup from SD. Thought it could go 9.6 or 9.8

Grimm-Return-1-Heavy-Metal.jpg

Expected a 9.6 but I love this cover and haven't found a better copy.

Thing-8.jpg

GI-Combat-280.jpg

Action-769-1.jpg

Jack-of-Fables-9-1.jpg

Justice-League-Unlimited-42-1.jpg

X-Men-v2-204.jpg

Ultimate-X-Men-Annual-1-M-1.jpg

X-Treme-X-Men-8-1.jpg

The bad

Expected 9.8 but missed

Trailer-Park-of-Terror-2-1.jpg

The WTF?

Weird-Western-Tales-4-1.jpg

All are for my personal collection (except for the dupe 9.9) so I do realize that financially some of these make little sense.

The predictable (luckily most of the subs were what was expected)

Happy with this pickup from SD. Thought it could go 9.6 or 9.8

Expected a 9.6 but I love this cover and haven't found a better copy.

The bad

Expected 9.8 but missed

The WTF?

John, I never realized so many comic covers have card-based themes until I've witnessed your collection. Wow!

Avengers 93 CGC'd at 9.6 with White Pages

Avengers93CGC96WP2.jpg

HOLY SHNIKES!!!! :o(worship)

Super nice book bro (thumbs u . Where'd you score that beauty???

+1 (thumbs u

That is an awesome copy. I have never seen one with such a perfect straight spine cut, and those corners look flawless. Looks every bit a 9.8 or better. If you decide to sell, you should do VERY well. (worship)

well if thats a 9.6 why is this a 9.8? bottom front lower left corner missing a piece and top left corner badly frayed.. are older books graded differant? pls school me on this cause im confused.

clk link and pls zoom in

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7013&LotIdNo=30075&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true#Photo

Edited by bcruze

Avengers 93 CGC'd at 9.6 with White Pages

Avengers93CGC96WP2.jpg

HOLY SHNIKES!!!! :o(worship)

Super nice book bro (thumbs u . Where'd you score that beauty???

+1 (thumbs u

That is an awesome copy. I have never seen one with such a perfect straight spine cut, and those corners look flawless. Looks every bit a 9.8 or better. If you decide to sell, you should do VERY well. (worship)

well if thats a 9.6 why is this a 9.8? bottom front lower left corner missing a piece and top left corner badly frayed.. are older books graded differant? pls school me on this cause im confused.

clk link and pls zoom in

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7013&LotIdNo=30075&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true#Photo

:gossip: Golden Age