• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,954 posts in this topic

same as i norm do....in a box, with popcorn on all sides

got the books back that weren't graded.....only 1 i'm going to resubmit bc it didn't get damaged, and anything on it was there before

gf's pissed bc the 2 books she sent were both damaged witchblade 125 fan realms cover, and fathom 6 cover B

same as i norm do....in a box, with popcorn on all sides

got the books back that weren't graded.....only 1 i'm going to resubmit bc it didn't get damaged, and anything on it was there before

gf's pissed bc the 2 books she sent were both damaged witchblade 125 fan realms cover, and fathom 6 cover B

That really sucks, I went through a similar situation with some of my books..

ok, I just pick up my first ever batch from CGC in person. All X-men Silver and Bronze age books and they have been in my personal collection for around 20 years. I bought most of them from 1989 to 1992. I basically just went thru my raw boxes of books and picked out 100 of my best from 2 to 125. I have some of these books in slab already in higher grades and some of these actually came back with a higher grades so I am please.

Out of 100, 40 was 9.0 was higher, 24 was 8.0 to 8.5, and the remains are 6.0 to 7.5. Not bad for the first time and some surprises and some disappointments but not one purple so I am happy about that. At least, I did a decent job picking out the books to submit since I ran into a few "doctored" books as I browsed thru the boxes.

Nope they are definitely not pressed :P easy people, lets not go into a war on this topic

Here we go, the 4 oldest books that i was pleasantly surprised with the grades. I think 3 of the 4 got higher grades than I predicted. I will post the rests of the high grade books on the X-men boards for the X fans (thumbs u

X2.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

x6.jpg

Edited by etanick

ok, I just pick up my first ever batch from CGC in person. All X-men Silver and Bronze age books and they have been in my personal collection for around 20 years. I bought most of them from 1989 to 1992. I basically just went thru my raw boxes of books and picked out 100 of my best from 2 to 125. I have some of these books in slab already in higher grades and some of these actually came back with a higher grades so I am please.

Out of 100, 40 was 9.0 was higher, 24 was 8.0 to 8.5, and the remains are 6.0 to 7.5. Not bad for the first time and some surprises and some disappointments but not one purple so I am happy about that. At least, I did a decent job picking out the books to submit since I ran into a few "doctored" books as I browsed thru the boxes.

Nope they are definitely not pressed :P easy people, lets not go into a war on this topic

Here we go, the 4 oldest books that i was pleasantly surprised with the grade. I think 3 of the 4 got higher grades that I predicted. I will post the rests of the high grade books on the X-men boards for the X fans (thumbs u

X2.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

x6.jpg

I'd say that was a pretty good 1st submission to CGC.

Congrats! :applause:

Here are 3 more from yesterday pickup. I didn't realize I had 2 copies of #6. This 9.0 looks more like a 9.4 or even 9.6 . I can't see much flaws with sharp corners both back and front and the spine is near perfect with no visible color loss spine stress. On number 5, the only flaw really is the top edge on the front cover...spine is flawless and the corners are near perfect. I think these 2 are the 2 "disappointment" since I really think they should be higher. I can't complain with the rest. Number nine got a 7.0 and it is much worse compared to 5.

x6b.jpg

x5.jpg

x9.jpg

I

Edited by etanick