• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Here's a slab I KNOW you've never seen before!

nervousrex1-98-f.jpg

:gossip: only graded copy

William Van Horn --> Donald Duck, Uncle Scrooge artist/writer for Disney comics. His Nervous Rex work pre-dates his Disney work by a few years!

Used to love this series. I had completely forgotten about it. Nice book. :thumbsup:

Here's a slab I KNOW you've never seen before!

nervousrex1-98-f.jpg

:gossip: only graded copy

William Van Horn --> Donald Duck, Uncle Scrooge artist/writer for Disney comics. His Nervous Rex work pre-dates his Disney work by a few years!

Used to love this series. I had completely forgotten about it. Nice book. :thumbsup:

You and EVERYONE else! :gossip:

Just got some SS books back from CGC this week, I will post scans as soon as I can take them to work to use the big scanner... Mine at home won't take the slab (too small)..

What I got back.....

Rocket Raccoon #1 - 9.6 signed by Mike Mignola (Only SS copy of this book)

Rocket Raccoon #2 - 9.0 signed by Mike Mignola (Only SS copy of this book)

Rocket Raccoon #3 - 9.2 signed by Mike Mignola (Only SS copy of this book)

Rocket Raccoon #4 - 9.4 signed by Mike Mignola (Only SS copy of this book)

These were ones that I bought myself back in 1985... not bad shape considering that when I was 15 I had no idea how to really care for comic books... found them in one of my old boxes the other day and my buddy said.. hey.. Mike is doing a signing soon... give it a try... so away they went...

Not bad...

Here are a few more books I've never shared before - oddities even for manufacturing errors.

:news: First up, Punisher War Journal #30 with an inside-out cover 9.8 white pager!

punisherwarjournalerror30-f.jpg

punisherwarjournalerror30-b.jpg

:news: Not much to look at, but consider how tough it must be to mess up the production so badly to create one of these --

this Legion book is manufactured with TWO sets of interior pages, one stapled right inside the other.

talesofthelosherror350-94-f.jpg

:news: Lastly, perhaps one of the more interesting double cover specimens you've ever seen!

marvelcomicspresentserror168-94-b2.jpg

marvelcomicspresentserror168-94-f.jpg

Here are a few more books I've never shared before - oddities even for manufacturing errors.

:news: Not much to look at, but consider how tough it must be to mess up the production so badly to create one of these --

this Legion book is manufactured with TWO sets of interior pages, one stapled right inside the other.

talesofthelosherror350-94-f.jpg

Very cool book. :applause:

Add a second cover and your book would have looked like this.

eur19i.jpg