• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

DUDE, those Iron Man 9's are incredible! :o

Thanks! And those were untouched! Back in 2002, i bought a collection that had 4-5 copies each of Irom Man 1,2,3,4,5,8 and 9 and Iron Man and Sub Mariner 1. Unfortunately the 1's and 2's are the lowest of them, 9.0's-9.4's. :(

I had been out of the hobby for 8-9 years and had literally never even heard of pressing when i submitted those. After i shipped them, i came on to find out if they were received and thats the day i found this board and 1st heard of pressing.

I would almost bet that if i cracked them, pressed them and resubbed, they would come back 3 9.8's and a 9.9

Bought raw long, LONG ago from apparently a boardie, Crazy Ed, when they used to have small comic shows in the middle of our local mall :cloud9:

I dreamed of a 9.9 but oh well........

if14-1-1.jpg

:applause: What was the raw grade?

Bought raw long, LONG ago from apparently a boardie, Crazy Ed, when they used to have small comic shows in the middle of our local mall :cloud9:

if14-1-1.jpg

NM+

I think i still have the mylar somewhere with the original grade and price written on the back in big black grease pencil. I'll have to try and dig it out.

I know it definitely cost me either $129 or $139 which back then was WELL over guide. I want to say guide was like $80-90 back then because i distincly remember staring at it for like 30 minutes trying to decide. Even though i got a bunch of other books he wouldnt budge on the books price because it was so HG. I still think its the nicest BA book i've ever seen in person.

Found it (yeah, i'm a packrat! lol ). It was $129 which like i said was like 50% over guide at the time :eek:

if.jpg

Edited by sufunk

if14-1-1.jpg

NM+

I think i still have the mylar somewhere with the original grade and price written on the back in big black grease pencil. I'll have to try and dig it out.

I know it definitely cost me either $129 or $139 which back then was WELL over guide. I want to say guide was like $80-90 back then because i distincly remember staring at it for like 30 minutes trying to decide. Even though i got a bunch of other books he wouldnt budge on the books price because it was so HG. I still think its the nicest BA book i've ever seen in person.

Found it (yeah, i'm a packrat! lol ). It was $129 which like i said was like 50% over guide at the time :eek:

if.jpg

Turned out well for you! ^^