• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

I'm happy to score these.

DC-260-75B0C2112.jpg

Nice books, but it looks like CGC screwed up the label on this one. The publisher stated is DC but it's a Marvel comic. :makepoint:

Nice catch, Claudio!

Nice catch! I wonder if CGC is careless in labeling moderns. In the same batch my GI Joe 26 2nd print was label as first print.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

DC-260-75B0C2112.jpg

Nice books, but it looks like CGC screwed up the label on this one. The publisher stated is DC but it's a Marvel comic. :makepoint:

Nice catch, Claudio!

Nice catch! I wonder if CGC is careless in labeling moderns. In the same batch my GI Joe 26 2nd print was label as first print.

Yeah, I think we need to start a bashing thread of how The CGC standards are waning... oh wait.

DC-260-75B0C2112.jpg

Nice catch, Claudio!

Yeah, I think we need to start a bashing thread of how The CGC standards are waning... oh wait.

I sure hope this is not the case.

DC-260-75B0C2112.jpg

Nice catch, Claudio!

Nah, just kidding. Mistakes are made and I'm sure they can make good on correcting it if you so desire. Just call them up and I hear they would be happy to oblige or maybe take it to a con where they have a booth and take care of it there.

DC-260-75B0C2112.jpg

Nice catch, Claudio!

Nah, just kidding. Mistakes are made and I'm sure they can make good on correcting it if you so desire. Just call them up and I hear they would be happy to oblige or maybe take it to a con where they have a booth and take care of it there.

Sounds like an idea, I might just keep it as a novelty.

Nice catch, Claudio!

Will that 26 2nd print be coming up for sell soon??? :baiting:

DC-260-75B0C2112.jpg

Nice catch, Claudio!

I would bet the submission form was filled out wrong on this one. I could be wrong about the form being right or wrong, but there is a D.C. #1 MOTU published 12/82. The Marvel/Star MOTU was published in 1986.

I just submitted the same book and almost made the same mistake on my form.

dwqjbl.jpg

I would call for notes on that #194. I'm betting you missed a stain or something because that looks way too nice to be a 7.5

:sorry:

Looks like there could be a CBC near the "Loki" text towords the bottom. Unless it's on the slab, that would knock it down to a 7.5.

DC-260-75B0C2112.jpg

Nice catch, Claudio!

I would bet the submission form was filled out wrong on this one. I could be wrong about the form being right or wrong, but there is a D.C. #1 MOTU published 12/82. The Marvel/Star MOTU was published in 1986.

I just submitted the same book and almost made the same mistake on my form.

Good point you brought this up. It was entered correctly. An oversight on CGC, but mistakes do happen and nothing free of error I guess.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

dwqjbl.jpg

I would call for notes on that #194. I'm betting you missed a stain or something because that looks way too nice to be a 7.5

:sorry:

Looks like there could be a CBC near the "Loki" text towords the bottom. Unless it's on the slab, that would knock it down to a 7.5.

No, thats just the slab.

I havent called for notes but upon further investigation i found this....

spuc7s.jpg

A STAIN!...(circled in red) how could i have missed that??... :frustrated::cry:

Edited by jessebrook1

DC-260-75B0C2117.jpg

:headbang:

Too much attention on the MOTU, not enough on Darkhawk.

That is a sweet cover. I always liked Darkhawk. (thumbs u

DC-260-75B0C2117.jpg

:headbang:

Too much attention on the MOTU, not enough on Darkhawk.

That is a sweet cover. I always liked Darkhawk. (thumbs u

Darkhawk :headbang: I checked the census and was surprise there is only five graded copy of the last issue. I was astounded to get a 9.8.

Just got these yesterday. My homage to the end of World War Two. Since Joe Simon created Captain America during the war I wanted his inscriptions for this. I felt it was appropriate since he's one of the few comic creators who lived during the war that is thankfully still with us today.

One is in honor of the European Theater, the other is in honor of the Pacific Theater. V-E Day and V-J Day, as written by the great Joe Simon! The sketches are an awesome bonus and many thanks to NY Comics (Sean) for them! (worship):o:cloud9:

003-7.jpg[/img]

002-10.jpg[/img]